AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good quality 65 inch tv with a good scaler because I will be watching a lot of standard definition until High Definition takes off. I wonder which are the top three brands in this category? Is there a tv that has Farouja processing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Check out the Pioneer Elites. I chose and am enjoying my 730 (64") due to all the SD I watch. Just have to caution you that when you get up into this size TV, PQ is more program dependent.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Pilder, I am definitely coming to your house for the Superbowl. If I can watch on a 65 foot (65') screen, I'm not going to miss it. You must have one heckuva home theatre set-up. ;) :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
So I should revise my standing assumption that Mits has poor SD quality? That's the problem with this technology stuff: you just can't stand on your facts or assumptions for very long. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am very happy with the scaler on my Toshiba 65HDX82. The PQ, the stretch mode for 4:3 programming, and the pricing on these sets make them a must for anybody's short list.

-spazzman

·
Registered
647 Posts
A little off topic, but how are the 04 Mitsu going to handle 720p material?

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
To add to your off topic question, which is better. A TV with 720P native or 1080I native when most of your HD broadcast will be in 1080I.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, but is there a place that has a comparison of the features of all the different series (Gold, Platinum ect...)? Which is the ultimate 2004 65 inch mitsu to have?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
The Mits 65" 2004 will do for you with their new doubler. The 65813 with 9" guns will offer the very best picture quality in the 65" range.
I think this one, Pilder. Not sure about the price, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.