AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my G70 projectors have a green that is somewhat off the standard. The x coordinate is 0.325 which makes it more yellow than the standard smpte-c phosphor.

When I do a standard 6500 calibration the result isn't satisfing. Sure, if I add some blue, and a little red the result become quite close to what I am used with projectors with standard phosphor.

The strange thing is that my other G70 dosen't have that same green phosphor?

Is there some advice to do a correct calibration in this sitiuation.

Per Johnny Ødegaard

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dosen't anyone have some advice?

Per Johnny Ødegaard

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Johnny,

I'm not sure why your phospher on the G-70 is not up to coordinates it should be. I have measured quite a few G-70 and always found them to be very close to the standard as far a primary colors are concerned.

But I don't understand your comment about 6500 (really D65) not being satisfying. It seems to me that you are achieving the white you are looking for (D65). I assume you are getting something good at say 30ire and a good grey scale??

As an example, MEC CRT's in Barcos are generally off on their Red Coordinates, but make D65 without problems, have a very linear grey scale and produce very pleasing reds.

Terry

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
PJ,

what do you mean by "non standard"?

Is it a P43 fast phosphor on the green? I would think that a non standard phosphor would have a problem with 6500/D65.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Standard green phosphor has normally a x coordinate between 0,300 and 0,310. Since green is far the most dominat color I presume that a small shift against yellow makes a significant importance, and may need an alternate calibration?

It is not a fast phosphor crt.

If you have very different values from green, it is my assumption that the calibration will not be accurate. Yes, you will get an accurate grey-tracking, but the mixture of the red, green and blue will not be correct! This will result in fleshtones that dosen't look entirely correct.

I can use a color-analyzer, but this case has got me interested in diving further into the subject of additive(red, green and blure primay) color-measurement.

Per Johnny Ødegaard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.