AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got both of these units and have DTV HD as well as OTA. My question is that if you set up the DST3000 to be a 16x9 tv in the setup menu and the signal you are receiving is 4x3 (SD, for example) you will not be able to use the stretch modes on the 65H80 because the signal has black bars on the left and right side.

What settings are those out there with this setup using? I have played around with it and think the best thing to do is leave the DST3000 in a 4x3 mode (with FULL) and use the 65H80 stretch modes. If the signal is a true 16x9 1080i, it works as well with this setting.

Clear as mud? This is very hard to explain, but I would appreciate hearing back from others on what they are doing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please, I know many of you have this set-up. You have to have run into these issues. Help!

Eric

·
Registered
469 Posts
Have you tried setting the dst3000 to stretch the 4:3 signals? Leave your TV in 16:9 mode. I believe that is how my setup is. It will not stretch out your digital signal sidebars, but your non-digital will all fill the screen.

------------------

Peter L.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I am doing is letting the 65H80 stretch signals from the DST3000 (which is set to output 4:3). This stretches digital signals that are 4:3 to full screen (with no sidebars). When the signal from the DST3000 is a full 16:9, I see no difference (still fills the screen). What do you think of this approach.

PS I also thought that the 65H80 would not stretch a 1080I signal, but for some reason if the box is set to 4:3 (does this switch output to 480?) it can strech the signal.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.