AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on my second 676 remote in less than a year. Within 2 months the keys are already fading away again. I noticed the 670 has a different finish on the keypad and wondered how these are holding up for people. I hope to get Harmony to replace the 2nd 676 with a 670 if people are having better luck with the keys not fading away. So how are the keys holding up on the 670?

·
Registered
946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffarrar` /forum/post/0

Im on my second 676 remote in less than a year. Within 2 months the keys are already fading away again. I noticed the 670 has a different finish on the keypad and wondered how these are holding up for people. I hope to get Harmony to replace the 2nd 676 with a 670 if people are having better luck with the keys not fading away. So how are the keys holding up on the 670?

Did harmony replace your first 676 with another? Just wondering because my keys are starting to fade badly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did but I also had a problem with the glow not working without a hit to the palm. Im not sure if they will for just the fading. It sure seems crappy that after 2 months the keys are fading I would be alright if it was more like 2 years down the road.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffarrar` /forum/post/0

Are the keys really fading or just building up crud? I have a cordless phone with the same kind of rubbery keys that I thought all the numbers had faded from. I scratched them and found that they were just collecting dirt or skin or something.

·
Registered
946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitude /forum/post/0

Are the keys really fading or just building up crud? I have a cordless phone with the same kind of rubbery keys that I thought all the numbers had faded from. I scratched them and found that they were just collecting dirt or skin or something.

They definitely fade on the 676. The "+" and "-" are gone on my volume and channel buttons.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've only had my 676 for a week so haven't encountered that problem as yet. I do have a problem where the user-defined keys around the lcd require a good deal amount of pressure (more than is easily applied when holding the remote normally) in order to make contact. Is this normal or a bad sample? I've posted at the Harmony support forums but got no response...

·
Registered
946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Morris /forum/post/0

I've only had my 676 for a week so haven't encountered that problem as yet. I do have a problem where the user-defined keys around the lcd require a good deal amount of pressure (more than is easily applied when holding the remote normally) in order to make contact. Is this normal or a bad sample? I've posted at the Harmony support forums but got no response...

Mine don't require any more pressure than other buttons.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My 676 is over 6 mmonths old, is used for 16 activities, 2 home theater setups etc ... not a single faded button yet.

The Volume down does kinda stick, sometimes, though - I'll keep an eye on that one.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshsm /forum/post/0

The Volume down does kinda stick, sometimes, though - I'll keep an eye on that one.

All three of my 676's had this problem. I fixed it by taking a light file to the bottom of the volume button hole in the faceplate. I used a round file and you only need to take very little off. Like 2-3 light strokes.

·
Registered
946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan /forum/post/0

All three of my 676's had this problem. I fixed it by taking a light file to the bottom of the volume button hole in the faceplate. I used a round file and you only need to take very little off. Like 2-3 light strokes.

I had to do the exact same thing with the blue cover only.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost /forum/post/0

I had to do the exact same thing with the blue cover only.

My blue cover depresses five or six keys. I just threw it away. The soft keys around the LCD are not affected by the cover plates though. Mine doesn't require any extra pressure however, the display keys are lower (pre-depressed?) than the other keys on the pad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.