AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 6 or more channel amplifier...

single case. Are there any made still?

I know about the multi-channel receivers, just wondering

if there are multi-channel amp only units...Hopefully,

not too pricey for what they'll be used for.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Will you consider used? The Parasound HCA-1206 is a very good amplifier and often found for sale around $600-700.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
There are many multi-channel amps, most are 3,5, or 7, but some companies like wyred 4 sound, d-sonic, ATI allow you to spec however many channels you want up to 7.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddypaw  /t/1419406/6ch-amps#post_22201986

Looking for a 6 or more channel amplifier...

single case. Are there any made still?

I know about the multi-channel receivers, just wondering

if there are multi-channel amp only units...Hopefully,

not too pricey for what they'll be used for.

Sherbourn is an excellent multichannel amp maker for the price. Same with outlaw and emotiva. Also take a look at the used market as amps last a long time and the technology changes affect them the least of any component.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch  /t/1419406/6ch-amps#post_22202153

Will you consider used? The Parasound HCA-1206 is a very good amplifier and often found for sale around $600-700.

I consider used first before new.....Being out of work for a long time, that's all I

can afford if the price is reasonable for a broke person. It doesn't have to be free,

just reasonable. Haven't quit being a dreamer and a tinkerer;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc  /t/1419406/6ch-amps#post_22202308

There are many multi-channel amps, most are 3,5, or 7, but some companies like wyred 4 sound, d-sonic, ATI allow you to spec however many channels you want up to 7.

Final had a chance to check out two of the three sites you listed. Wyred 4 Sound have nice multi channel amps,

but are a bit pricey at present.....Till I get better income;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is the screen I made for my portable home theater kit. I used this at Califur2012

for their video room. I volunteered my kit to see how it looked and sound in the finished

state. The screen a late friend of mine and I worked was a 4X6 prototype. This one in

the pic was the following prototype 5X10. Both are made out of satin. The color picked

is silver.

The reason why I picked the satin material is for the speakers I use to sit behind the

screen. The acoustic properties of the satin material would allow for 3 of my small 5.1

speakers to be heard without hinderance from the screen material. Those blue things

you see behind the screen are what the two-way bass reflex speakers sit on.

I plan on continuing this project I started, improving on the setup to make it less time

less time consuming. I was directed to an hdmi 5-7.1 decoder which was on Ebay.

The HDMI Surround Sound Audio Processor LPCM Dolby DTS Optical SPDIF Converter

would be ideal for the next time I use this setup because it would allow for less expensive

audio equipment to be used outside my household.....Though it never gets used in my

household cause I there's no room for it anyways:p

But it's a nice setup to use when the opportunity comes along to set it up and enjoy it.

This is why I'm inquiring about multi channel audio amplifiers. I remember Marantz

had a modular setup that had a chasis for small plug-in amps for the home theater.

There were others out there that was similar. Just don't need a set-up that's over

150 watts per channel.

A nice 100 to 120 watts rms per channel would be sufficient. Used would be very

helpful, budgetwise at present.

What do you think of this crazy home theater setup, and can you steer me in the

direction of amp setups I mentioned:eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater  /t/1419406/6ch-amps#post_22253102

Find a used Ada PTM 6150. It has fans but the amp is solid!

I'll check out the model to see what it's power output is.

·
Registered
19,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddypaw  /t/1419406/6ch-amps#post_22254408

I'll check out the model to see what it's power output is.

It is 150 watts into 8 ohms, 250 watts into 4 ohms, and 450 watts into 2 ohms. Class A,AB and you can get them around $600 used. I use it's bigger 5 channel brother.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Checkout the wyred 4 sound mini amps or D-sonic's stuff. It can be configured to however many channels you want. ICE power and sounds great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts