AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was watching a flick I noticed the brightness fluctuating up and down and then all of a sudden the rasters just lit up fully.

I quickly turned off the pj, Let it sit for a while and then turned it back on, Again the rasters were fully lit.

The projector was working perfectly before with only 500Hrs on the tubes, The picture it produced was excellent.

Could it be a faulty video board?

NEC owners and techs,

Please Help......

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Any error codes? I am working on a similar problem. Rasters light, but no video. This happened the same way. Fluctuating, and then no video.

Try first: Pull up slightly on the video and gain board and re-seat.

I did discover that the full raster problem MAY be caused by one of the 2 12volt regulators failing on the video board. There is a +12 and a -12 volt regulator at the bottom of the video card. I had to solder leads to them to measure the voltage with the card in the PJ, but as soon as one broke down, bright raster. This was ONE of my problems, I now have all menus back, but still no video. Working on it...

Marc

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marc,

No there are no error codes.

All the video inputs are working correctly and display the same problem.

An image still appears on the screen with the addition of bright white light washing out the screen and picture.

I havn't left it on for more than 20 seconds while its in this state just in case I toast the tubes.

Thanks. Chris.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.