AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NEC 6pgXtra that I want to part with it has two remotes master remote and user remote data cable to use PJ control software mounting bracket and 700 hours actual use can some one PM me with what I should list it for.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I paid 1,000.00 USD for mine last January. I think you could get up to 2,000.00 USD realistically.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yep, about 2k with clean tubes, maybe a bit more.

Though you may have to wait for it. Everyone wants great projectors dirt cheap.

Marc

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I know the tubes are absolutely clean it has been calibrated by John Gannon three times I am not a do it yourself person so I have not touched the controls or settings on my own, The tubes where brand new when I purchased the unit as a b-stock from NEC though AVscience.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I sold my PG6+ (Runco rebadge) a few weeks ago for $1250. It had clean tubes and bundled with a SC-1050 scan converter (line doubler). I had it on ebay, Videogon, and the local newspaper for a month. No serious action. I finally sold it to a local person, a business associate of my brother, and had to calibrate it for him to boot. From my experience it sure seems that no 7" crt, no matter how good it is will only sell for a paltry sum.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
If you want your price, a month is way too short.

Trust me on this one. I will sit on some items for months, but I will get my price. The problem is that the market has devalued everything so much because of the cheap junk. So when a good piece comes up, people just say I can get it cheaper.

True, they can. But they get what they pay for.

A good projector, properly photographed and advertised WILL sell high, just not QUICK.

Look at Curts auctions, a good example. They are not cheap, but I am sure he has no problem selling them.

I'd love to find an NEC XG series with perfect tubes for around $500, but I doubt it will happen.

Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.