AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would write Leon Temmis (sp?)one of the owners and explain the situation. Also explain that if you do not get a full refund that you will be contacting WABC radio marketing dept(where 6th ave electronics does a lot of commercials) and complain.

Also explain that you'll contact Tom Martino and have him publicize the problem.

I bet they will give the full refund.

·
Super Moderator
21,532 Posts
I bought a new Pana CT34WX50 from local 6th Ave Electronics store with Pana stand delivery and tax for $3861.00.The only stipulation was place on assembled stand on 2nd floor of my house. TV comes, but before it comes off truck, they tell me stand is unassembled and they will not assemble it -I asked them to reconsider-they would not. I refused delivery. 6th Ave gave me only a partial refund/credit-they will not refund delivery charge. Beware of this chain.

·
Registered
33,594 Posts
Mark,

You should pay about $3000 for the Panny by itself. I'm not sure how their price compared but their service is obviously lacking.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you paid by credit card call your credit card company and dispute the charge. I would bet you will win.

Good Luck

------------------

Warren

·
Super Moderator
21,532 Posts
I paid by Amex- I have to wait until statement closes (end of month) to dispute- which I will do. In the meantime, I filed a complaint thru the NJ State Better Bus Bureau.

I have ordered the same TV from another dealer at a price more than 10% lower than 6th Ave whose motto is "Worry free Shopping"

·
Registered
555 Posts
I agree with Joe. I would call them now.

------------------

Warren

·
Super Moderator
21,532 Posts
Steve- yes I checked out Harvey-actually there are several big retailers in that area (including Circuit City and the Wiz) that also compete-with all that competion, you would think 6th Ave could get a delivery right.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I wonder if I'm the only person reading this thread thinking "Gee, how hard would it have been to simply assemble the darn stand - All of this drama could have been avoided". I'm sure the guys delivering the set have no idea how to assemble the stand. Quite frankly, I would have probably preferred to do it myself anyway.

Maybe I'm the only one thought this whole episode was rather unnecessary....

·
Super Moderator
21,532 Posts
assembling the stand may be easy-lifting the 200 pound TV up on the assembled stand after the delivery men have left is not easy. The point is that after paying $3800.00 for a new TV set up on an assembled stand-you want it done. I could have bought same setup mail order if I wanted to do that dance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thing you should check with your credit card company. Most credit cards afford protection from unethical practices like this.

I have been into stores like this, and it is very annoying to have salesmen tell you what you want to hear just to get a sale.

Good Luck

·
Registered
625 Posts
Since this seems like the local 6th Avenue bashing thread, I thought I would echo previous sentiments. Contact AMEX now! Don't even wait. I have never been disappointed with AMEX when it comes to disputes. Tom Martino on WABC is also another great resource. I would also think about calling Curtis and Kuby in the morning. Would love to hear you bash 6th Avenue when Curtis Sliwa is doing a live spot for the chain.

Mark, there is a new Harvey's in Eatontown. Somehow I think you would get better service from them instead of 6th Ave. Nice to see that there are some local enthusiasts...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Mark,

I have done business with these people.They are generally a little more sophisticated and knowledgeable than the WIZ and BestBuy kids, but not much.

I would be very surprised if they had agreed(on the bil of sale) to assembling the table for you. I bought a Toshiba HDTV and a BellaGotti table from them for my parents. It was nesssecary for me to make a deal with the saleskid to come over to my parents house and assemble the table for them( extra $50) before the set was delivered. He brought the table.

Did they mark your sales slip with a note stating that the table would be asembled? i find it hard to believe that they would be giving you a hard time, if you have that in writing. If one of the saleskids lied to you, there is not much you can do that will make it right. Is any of this worth the effort of getting the TV replaced and waiting for delivery guys to pick up the old set and then wait for delivery guys to drop off the new one from another company?

baimo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.