AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, maybe there should be a whole seperate thread for the 6uy...anyway...

i've searched the archives etc. etc. and i'm still confused about the panny's modes. in particular i'm having trouble figuring out the correct way to watch anamorphic DVD's.

My setup is Sony 550D DVD player (via component)-->Denon 3803 (via component)-->Panny 6UY ED panel

i've noticed that for anamorphic DVD's the only mode that appears correct is the ZOOM mode - without any zoom. all the other modes appear stretched. (i use the JUST mode for Tivo watching and I love it).

I've tried switching the connection from the Denon 3803 to the Panel to S-Video and I then get another mode - Panasonic Auto. This appears to give me the correct aspect ratio for DVD's. I'm assuming that this mode is not available when connect via Component.

so, is the Zoom 1x1 the correct setting for DVD watching? It seems counter-intuitive...

thanks for suffering through my first week of plasma ownership with me :) by the way.... i love it! thanks to this forum and visual apex.

thnmnt

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
"Full" is the right mode for anamorphic DVD's. Are your DVD players still set to 4:3 as the TV type? That'll cause that kind of problem. If so you'll want to set them to 16x9.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm so embarassed....thanks deeann.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.