AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking for 6X6 or 8X8 matrix switch compatible with Control4 system. I would prefer 4K , 3D with all the bells and whistles currently in the market along with POE or POCC for the receivers / extenders. Let me know whats available right now or coming up in 4-6 months.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Control4 has their own 8x8 matrix. We have it in our office and it works real well. The extenders seem very reliable after a few months of use.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know that there are many switches out there that support 4K yet. It is still very much an emerging standard.

Unfortunately, the C4 matrix is not PoE. That's the one big drawback of it. That being said, it's a great price point for a good product.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Technically speaking, HDMI 1.4 will support deep color, 3D and 4K at 24fps. I agree with Travis, though, that it will be a LONG time and prohibitively expensive to even want to buy a full bandwidth native 4K HDMI matrix at this point as the standard was only just finalized and content is virtually non-existent.

An alternative to the Control4 is the Snap AV (Binary) B300 is a great piece: http://www.snapav.com/p-1074-b-300-hdmatrix-8x8.aspx . Runs over a single Cat6 wire for up to 130-150 feet. Like Control4, no PoE, but the receiver baluns do come with the 5v power supplies.

I am not sure how the two matrix switches compare from a cost perspective, but if they are even close in price then the Control4 would be the natural choice. You just can't beat native device control with your automation system because you KNOW everything has been fully tested ad-nauseum.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I need audio return channel ARC so that sound can play from my smart tv when accessing / watching Apps like Netflix from my surround speakers , then I need to have ARC hdmi TV, ARC matrix switch ( is there ARC switch ? ) and ARC hdmi on AV receiver also ?

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Provided everything in the chain is HDMI 1.4, including the cables, the system has the ability to pass ARC if it is available. The only question is what that Monoprice matrix is able to handle. I don't have time to look at the moment, but Monoprice has good product support and it's probably worth the call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts