AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading to a 7.1, most likely the Onkyo TX-NR807 shortly. This unit has options for height and width speakers. I have a mixed system that is fine for my needs. I'm using Mission 750LEs for the front with a matching Mission center, a HSU TN1220 sub, and I'm using Allison model 4s for my side speakers, I have a set of Mission 77Ds for the rears that I have not installed yet.

What I'm wondering about is is it worth it to add Height speakers or Width speakers? Could I go with some smaller Missions I have? Just some cheap speakers for height? I have a second pair of Mission 750LEs that I use with my computer setup, I like to listen to audio when I'm online, I could re-purpose them into my audio system if need be. I'll probably just stick with a 7.1 setup, not sure how much use the extra sides would be. Looking for advice...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same receiver and really enjoying the sound from older Polk speaker models and 10 inch Polk sub. For the width and height configurations, it really boils down to preference. I have read many reviews that have tried these configs, and seemed to enjoy them really. If you already have the speakers for it, try it and find out for yourself.

In my configuration, I don't have room for the wide speakers, but if I had extra speakers for it, I would try the heights just for kicks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts