AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
The Panasonic DMP-BD10 & 10A have 7 analog outs but I don't believe there's any software to support this.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
By the way, the Panasonic is the only Blu-ray player on the market that fully supports DTS-HD HR and Dolby TrueHD.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. This is the player for me, it sounds like. When you say software, do you mean titles or player firmware?

Just bought a 7.1 switch to handle multiple multichannels audio streams from players.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I mean there are no 7.1 movies available, so right now 7.1 is pretty useless in the world of Blu-ray & HD-DVD for that matter.

·
Banned
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrstevens421 /forum/post/0

The Panasonic DMP-BD10 & 10A have 7 analog outs but I don't believe there's any software to support this.

Not true.

BTW, interesting biography: "I was born, I went to school, I go to work and one day I'll die. There's life in a nutshell."

·
Registered
3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stein /forum/post/0

Yes, that is true. But your software statements aren't.

What 7.1 movies are out there? I've seen 6.1 (Crank), but not any 7.1 titles. Do tell.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrstevens421 /forum/post/0

What 7.1 movies are out there? I've seen 6.1 (Crank), but not any 7.1 titles. Do tell.

I know Ultimate Avengers is 7.1 and The Descent is 6.1. I think there is a Ghost In The Shell import at 7.1 also.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I stand corrected, I did not know ultimate avengers was 7.1.

I wish to rephrase my earlier statement; There is hardly any software to support this.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Maybe offtopic, but what happens on a 5.1 track does it map the audio from 5.1 to 7.1 or do 2 channels stay death.

Daniel.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Chapin /forum/post/0

Thanks. This is the player for me, it sounds like. When you say software, do you mean titles or player firmware?

Just bought a 7.1 switch to handle multiple multichannels audio streams from players.

What kind of switch did you get? Thanks. SJ

·
Registered
283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Chapin /forum/post/0

This one. 3 x 1 7.1 audio, spdif, and hdmi.

Also, 1 RU rack mountable and 232 controllable.

http://www.zektor.com/mas71/index.html

Since you have purchased this switch, may I ask a question? -

I have been looking for a "converter" switch that will take HDMI cable from my PS3 and provide me analog pre-outs for my audio system. I have ~$10K invested in a preamp/amp combination but unfortunately my pre-amp cannot accept HDMI and hence I have been listening to lossy toslink audio out from my PS3
. I am contemplating going the route of buying a "cheapest" A/V receiver that will allow me to get pre-outs so that I can use my pre-amp or plug directly to my amps.

Does this switch do the above??

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.