AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my modest 7.1 setup. I have been into home theater for years and I have finally put together a set up I am very proud of. Due to space limitations my rear and back surrounds are set up a bit imperfectly but some speaker calibration has got things sounding great. My next major purchase will probably be a 5 or 7 channel power amp to push the KEFs to their full potential. Also, all the other home theaters posted here so far look awesome and are very inspiring.

Here's what I got:

Samsung LN52A650 LCD TV

KEF iQ9 Fronts

KEF iQ6C Center

KEF iQ8DS dipole rear surrounds

Polk Audio FXI A4 rear back surrounds (set to bipole)

Velodyne DPS-12 Subwoofer

Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K receiver

Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player

Playstation 3

Wii (Wii Fit balance board tucked in the corner)

Roku Netflix box

Delphi Skyfi2 XM Satellite Radio

OTA HD antenna

Harmony 880 remote

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Very nice!

How do you like the IQ9s, I was this close to getting a pair!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice room and gear! I like your wall mounted surrounds. You sure did a nice job hiding the wires without going into the walls. I couldn't even see them until the closeup shots. Those lamps you have in the rear are really cool. I also like how neat and tidy your equipment rack/tv stand is.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice room! How do you like that roku box? I just signed up for netflix and was wondering if its worth the $99 to get that box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr /forum/post/15492902

Very nice!

How do you like the IQ9s, I was this close to getting a pair!

Thanks for the compliment. I really like the iQ9s. They are a step above the Polk RTi70s I had. They are detailed and have a wide sound stage. I can't wait to pump some more juice into them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Gilbert /forum/post/15492995

Nice room and gear! I like your wall mounted surrounds. You sure did a nice job hiding the wires without going into the walls. I couldn't even see them until the closeup shots. Those lamps you have in the rear are really cool. I also like how neat and tidy your equipment rack/tv stand is.

Thanks Aaron, getting the flat white speaker wire helped a lot. The wife wouldn't let me punch holes in the wall so I had to improvise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPutt /forum/post/15493063

Very nice room! How do you like that roku box? I just signed up for netflix and was wondering if its worth the $99 to get that box.

Thanks MattPutt, I have had Netflix for almost 2 years and I love it. Never have to step into a rental store again. The Roku box is definitely worth the money. You can instantly stream movies and tv shows and now you can stream a lot of them in HD.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbbraveheart /forum/post/15495134

awesome setup!

did you get that TV stand at best buy or circuit city?

Thanks, the compliment is much appreciated. I got it from best buy. I think it was a good alternative because I finally decided I didn't want to hang the TV on the wall.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hello Vico38.

Hey man, nothing modest about your system at all. Very impressive!

The KEF's are beautiful and I know they sound sweet. That is a speaker company that truly puts music first! I've always thought of KEF's to be very refined and disciplined and accurate. When I first peeped the photo of the rears, I initially thought that KEF surrounds were the older Klipsch Reference products. Due to the angle of the shot, they look to have the same shape as my surrounds (RS35's).

I also love the Sammy 650! A very nice 1080P LCD. What made you choose the Samsung over the competitors (Sony XBR4, Panny, Pioneer KUROS, etc..).

Regards.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/15496295

Hello Vico38.

Hey man, nothing modest about your system at all. Very impressive!

The KEF's are beautiful and I know they sound sweet. That is a speaker company that truly puts music first! I've always thought of KEF's to be very refined and disciplined and accurate. When I first peeped the photo of the rears, I initially thought that KEF surrounds were the older Klipsch Reference products. Due to the angle of the shot, they look to have the same shape as my surrounds (RS35's).

I also love the Sammy 650! A very nice 1080P LCD. What made you choose the Samsung over the competitors (Sony XBR4, Panny, Pioneer KUROS, etc..).

Regards.

Hi ldgibson76,

Thanks for the props! The KEF's are great. I got a good deal on them since they have since come out with a new iQ series. I absolutely love my Sammy. I chose it because not only its picture quality is on par or better than the one's you mentioned but also because its a nice looking set because of the infused red trim. It looks great even when its turned off.

Cheers,

Vico

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico38 /forum/post/15497000

Hi ldgibson76,

Thanks for the props! The KEF's are great. I got a good deal on them since they have since come out with a new iQ series. I absolutely love my Sammy. I chose it because not only its picture quality is on par or better than the one's you mentioned but also because its a nice looking set because of the infused red trim. It looks great even when its turned off.

Cheers,

Vico

Perfect wall for a projector

tony

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice set up. Great choice of equipment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts