AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Gigaworks s750 connected to my computer for 5+ years and it's been incredible! Glorious 7.1 surround sound in games!

Unfortunately, in the past 2 months the sub output for my rear speakers has died (speakers work fine, output on the sub is gone). Not a great setup for 7.1 surround gaming, which is what I use this for with a Creative X-Fi Elite Pro (World of Warcraft, especially).

I looked for a replacement s750 - HA!

There's the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 system for $300 from Amazon.

What I really want is a Home-Theatre-in-a-Box that will accept 7.1 analog input from my Soundblaster. Finding one of these beats has proved very difficult.

There ARE some receivers that can do 7.1 analog input (leftovers from the days of SACD and DVD-Audio) but they are expensive, and then I'd have to buy 7.1 speakers to boot.

My computer "cave" does have several computers, a PS3, an Xbox 360, a DirecTV HD receiver - so I am leaning towards a receiver rather than a replacement set of computer speakers. It would be awesome to be able to manage all this digital HD and audio in one receiver.

I could really use some suggestions if any of you guys have something that would fit the bill! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts