AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone didn't know, you can output 7.1 though WinDVD with the new WinDVD Tweaker 3.3 beta2 and the M-Audio Delta 410.


I have mine running in the 7.1 output without the virtual 7.1 checked in the mixer with all channels playing!:D


Have fun!


Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by roboracing
In case anyone didn't know, you can output 7.1 though WinDVD with the new WinDVD Tweaker 3.3 beta2 and the M-Audio Delta 410.


I have mine running in the 7.1 output without the virtual 7.1 checked in the mixer with all channels playing!:D


Have fun!


Rob
Does it correct the OSD and mute bugs? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by William


Does it correct the OSD and mute bugs? :confused:
Unfortunately, no. I have to disable the OSD and leave the mute where it is. If I disable the mute, I only output in stereo - no surround.


Since the tweaker is still in beta, perhaps it will fix the odd quirks when there is a final release.


One can hope anyway!:p


Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,423 Posts
Rob,


That version of Windows are you using? With WinXP HE I get a VB6 runtime error when starting the tweaker. I've download and installed the VB6 sp5 runtime and still get the error.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson
Rob,


That version of Windows are you using? With WinXP HE I get a VB6 runtime error when starting the tweaker. I've download and installed the VB6 sp5 runtime and still get the error.
Hi Cliff,


You will have to install version 3.2 before you can run 3.3. Something to do with 3.2's installation allow 3.3 to work without errors.


Have fun,

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by roboracing



Hi Cliff,


You will have to install version 3.2 before you can run 3.3. Something to do with 3.2's installation allow 3.3 to work without errors.


Have fun,

Rob
Rob,


Did that and got Tweaker working. I now have the 7th and 8th speaker settings in WinDVD but can't get sound to my rear center channel. When I run the THX speaker test the rear channel gets routed to the L/R surrounds.


Can you post your settings in Tweaker that enabled 7.1 output from WinDVD?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson



Rob,


Did that and got Tweaker working. I now have the 7th and 8th speaker settings in WinDVD but can't get sound to my rear center channel. When I run the THX speaker test the rear channel gets routed to the L/R surrounds.


Can you post your settings in Tweaker that enabled 7.1 output from WinDVD?
Hi Cliff,


I'll try to post the settings that I changed from the normal.


First, be sure that you have Windows Sounds and Audio settings all set to M Audio Delta 410 Multichannel. I don't know if it matters, but I have this setting for all audio options.


In WinDVD tweaker in Audio - General, I have the "Number Of Speakers To Output Audio To" set to 8 channel mode (7.1 Home Theater)


I have a check by "Audio Driver Check" and by "Mixer"


On the next tab labeled "D Sound/Windows"


In the Direct Sound box, I have both options unchecked.


In the "Maximum Speaker Output" it has 8 Speakers (7.1 Channel)


That's pretty much it. I watched Gladiator with DTS ES enabled and it sounded great. You can watch your outputs through the mixer.


BTW: Great mixer! Thanks Cliff! :D


Let me know if you need any more info!


Have Fun,

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,423 Posts
Rob,


I tried all that and it still does not work. I'm only getting 2.1 channels for DTS.


Did you enable 7.1 speakers in the Advanced settings after selecting 410 Multichannel output?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson
Rob,


I tried all that and it still does not work. I'm only getting 2.1 channels for DTS.


Did you enable 7.1 speakers in the Advanced settings after selecting 410 Multichannel output?
Hi Cliff,


After trying to register WinDVD's filters in Zoom Player, I was unable to get WinDVD to function properly. I took this as a chance to make notes of a step by step setup process of how to get 7.1 to work. I uninstalled Windvd and Zoom, cleaned my registry and then reinstalled just WinDVD. As luck would have it, I've yet to recreate the output I had yesterday. So far the only way I have gotten any 7.1 output is with Prologic II or ICE.


It worked before, so I know it can work again. I will start playing with it again this afternoon.


Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
This 7.1 that you talk about, is it 7.1 DTS-ES (dicrete) and DD-EX?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Thanks, I've got the 8 speaker setup in WinDVD now but I don't have time to check any material until I get back from work tonight.


NickB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Knight
This 7.1 that you talk about, is it 7.1 DTS-ES (dicrete) and DD-EX?


unfortunately, it looks like from the intervideo specs on the web site, that version 4 will only do the matrix versions - no DTS-ES Discrete.


please correct me if I am in error (hopefully...)


will we ever be able to get DISCRETE/w the 410?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
So let me get this straight.... this M-Audio Delta 410 card (and Power DVD XP Software) will do all 6.1 formats, PL-II, DTS-ES, DD-EX and the only thing it will not do is DTS-ES Discrete? If so that is pretty cool! I would be interested in getting one of these if there are plans for DTS-ES Discrete being added????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
mark,

I don't think that powerDVD XP and 410 combo will actually output true ES/EX.


here is a quote from this thread :


powerDVD still does decode ES signals. The problem is that powerDVD XP does not recognize any more than 6 channels and will mix the extra channel with the surround channels.


I don't think that there has been any news on the powerDVD front, hence the interest in WinDVD 4. although this no discrete is a bit of a disappointment, 6.1 with zoom player might be a decent compromise.

-jeff


(any updates?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Thanks Jeff. In that thread it mentions the Hercules Game/Theater 6.1 Sound "card" does support 8 speakers? Is this true and does anyone know if that card can give you DTS-ES and DD-EX and what about DPL-2?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top