AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of completing my first true dedicated home theater. As I come to the final stages I am realizing that everyone has told me how crucial it is that my side speakers are in perfect line with my optimal seating. I understand the importance however I am now wondering about the second row of seating. I set up my theater with the first row being the optimal row and the second being extra seats. I do want the people in the rear to have great listening enjoyment as well. So my question is can I install 2 sets of dipoles for the sides plus the rear direct radiating?

I have the full Rocket package and am very pleased with the speakers sound now want to truly optimize their use. When you go into a true movie theater they have many side direct radiating speakers so I know it could possibly be done with them I am not sure with the dipoles though.

If anyone has done this or has any thoughts please let me know.

Thank you

David

·
Registered
27,144 Posts
In my dedicated theater, I have always used bipoles (or direct radiators in your case) to the sides and Dipoles in the rears. My speakers can switch back and forth from bi- to di- poles pretty easily and were easy to test both ways. After trying them out all ways, this configuration has worked best for me.

JEff

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I needed to clarify a little. I have the direct radiators for the rear and dipoles for the sides. My real question is can I add another set of dipoles to the sides for the rear row of seating or will this be bad for sound?

I want the rear row of seating to enjoy the full experience as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.