AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have read about the Bi-Pole, Di-Pole, Mono-Pole, U-Pole, Me-Pole, We-all ple for ice cream.
, But I still need help on what rear speakers to get for my set up and why?

Here is my set up

Klipsch

RF-82

RC-62

RS-62 (Bi-pole)

Pioneer SC-27 7.1

Some say get another set of Bi-pole (RS-62) for the rears and have 4 surround speakers for the sides and rear.

Some say get set of Mono-pole (RB-61) for the rears and leave the RS-62 on the side.

Some say get the RB-61 and put those on the side and move the RS-62s to the rear.

I am 10' from my front towers and around 5' from the rear wall. (My couch is not against the rear wall)

My sides are a little high right now. (4' above the ear) but I will be moving those down the wall soon.

Just looking for ideas on what would sound the best.

I almost forgot, this set up is for around 99% movie blu-ray watching. Dont listen to much music on this set up.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
as you decide which speakers to use, please remember Dolbly Labs recommends mono-pole speakers all round, aimed at the listening position. http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_e...ide/index.html

The di/bi-pole speakers are really from the "pro logic" days when the surrounds were all one channel, but they can still be very useful when the setup is less than ideal and you need the difuse sound rather than highly directional sound.

With your layout approaching "ideal", I would go with mono-pole speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts