AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search...but didn't find my answer. I finally got around to installing the version of WinDVD that came with my new Revo. I was using plain 'ol WinDVD before with Zoomplayer. Now with the new version I get a choice of 7.1 Audio, and that works fine in WinDVD. However, Can I use the 7.1 Audio with Zoomplayer?? I unregistered the old WinDVD filter that I was using, uninstalled the old WinDVD, Installed the new WinDVD, and re-registered the fileters. However, I can only choose 5.1 Audio from within Zomoplyer. Do I need a new graph?? Is anyone getting 6.1 or 7.1 WinDVD audio from Zoomplyer? Drew

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dm, Thanks again for the help. Were you ever able to confirm that with those settings you were getting DD-EX from zoomplayer with windvd platinum audio?

I just now noticed the virtual 7.1 setting in the revo control panel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with this checked, zoomplayer with standard windvd audio (5.1) will sound just like windvd platinum audio for not EX soundtracks? Since 95% of my dvd's are non DD-EX, would this be the way to go and still benefit some from the extra surroun channels?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just remembered that my Monster's Inc. disk has the THX Optimizer in DD-EX. I'm getting a very strange outcome when I run the optimizer sound check (from within WinDVD). With no 7.1 virtual checked, and 6.1 sound selected in the M-Audio control panel and in WinDVD, the test tone to the center surrounds (the 6th channel) are garbled and choppy. However, they seem to be functioning fine when the moive is played in DD-EX. The same thing happens when I select 7.1 sound in the M-Audio and WinDVD control panels. The test tones from the M-Audio control panel sound fine, however in either setup. Any ideas? Seems like this has to be a software problem...what would cause the choppy sounds for the optimizer test tones?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it figured out...A fresh install of Platinum seems to have taken care of the problem. Since I have no sub in my setup (yet) should I check "Bass to LFE + Manins" for the sub speaker setup? I have tried both options, and this seems to be the only way I get any sound out of the subwoofer check on optimizer. I'm assuming if I don't check this, I will be missing a good portion of the Bass?? Is there any way to send bass to Mains only since I have no LFE?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.