AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the pioneer site and one of thier new AVR's (VSX 49TX) has a 7.1 DVD audio input.Has anyone seen or read specs of a DVD player with 7.1 DVDaudio outputs?:eek:As well has anyone even heard of music artists putting out 7.1 DVD audio in the near future?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Are you talking about having it decode the audio and being able to connect speakers to it, or just acting as a passthrough so you can connect to your speakers?

If you are talking about most DVD players that do a pass through, then as long as your reciever can handle it, it will come out as 7.1 right now with certain DVD's. You might have seen DVD's that say DTS EX, and ES. EX usually means 6.1, and ES usually means 7.1 (unless I have that backwards).

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually i'm not talking about DVD's i'm talikg about music discs recorded in DVD audio.I have the JVC XV721BK and it has DVD audio.6 analouge outputs on the back for playback of music recorded in DVD audio.But this upcoming AVR from Pioneer had 7.1 DVD audio inputs and i'm wondering if anyone knows of any current DVD players or future models that will support 7.1DVD audio as well as any discs from music artists that are or will be recorded in 7.1

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Well this is a very simple answer.

7.1 is not a legitimate option in DVD-Audio.

1.0 through 6.0 (with no LFE) are valid.

1.1 through 5.1 (with LFE) are valid.

Any 7.1 output would have to be derived via some sort of signal processing.

Regards,

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So obviously this is a future compatable DVD audio solution AVR?It clearly states that it has 8 channel DVD audio inputs.I'm confused...are they simply not refering to DVD audio and made a typo?Or am i mistaken?If you click on press releases on the pioneer site you will see an article about the 2 new AVR's(first in the world with THX Ultra 2,and the specs are there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.