AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Casablanca II, one of the reasons I bought it was for its extremely flexible bass management, and its ability to be configured into a 7.2 (or 7.4 for that matter) configuration. I'm curious as to whether any other processors on the market allow you to run more than one subwoofer (the only other one I'm aware of is the Proceed PAV/PASD).

Seth

· Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Lexicon MC-12 for one. I'm sure Meridian too.

· Registered
295 Posts
I believe the Integra Research RDC-7 has 2 Subwoofer outputs, along with it's receiver cousin the Integra DTR-9.1.

· Registered
31,915 Posts
Quote:
Lexicon MC-12 for one.
Yup. It has 3 outputs for hooking up to subwoofers: one is a dedicated LFE output for the discrete bass from a .1 LFE track; the other two are L/R stereo SUB outs for the derived bass that has been filtered from any channels that you are not running full range. If you don't have a third subwoofer for LFE duties, the .1 LFE channel info can be folded into the two SUB outputs.

Best,

Sanjay

· Registered
1,284 Posts
Meridian 861 could be set up with 12 channels, so the amount of subwoofers that could be utilized could be very flexible since there is no fixed subwoofer or LFE connection, but are assigned based on number of free channels.

· Registered
104 Posts
Since the old Parasound AVC2500 has two subwoofer outputs I imagine the new higher-end Halo units will have 2, as well as being able to do EX, etc.

· Registered
64 Posts
The Anthem AVM20 has 2 sub outs and 2 center outs. I am only utilizing 1 ea., but they are there if I need them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.