AVS Forum banner

Do you use 7-channel stereo (or it's variants)?

• Are you crazy? Have you ever heard of imaging dude?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have used it, or might try it sometime

• It's awesome. Who cares about imaging. I like to party

• What's 7-channel stereo??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was interested in doing a poll on this. Just ignore the thread if you are not interested in the poll.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the record, I use it from time to time, when I just want to relax and listen to some classic hits from my youth. I would probably not subject "critical" music listening to it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like it for when I listen to music while doing something else (like cooking), which is probably 90% of the time that I spend listening to music at home.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I use it in my 9.2 system for parties and when I'm just puttering around in my great room, but not for what most would call "critical listening". I'm working on a dedicated music only two channel sysyem that will be located in my office after we finish redecorating it next spring. A pair of Audio Note AN-E's in one of their various incarnations and SET amplification is on the agenda, but that's a subject for an entirely new thread when I'm up and running.

I'm glad that Integra included an All Channel Stereo mode in my AVR. At first I didn't think that I would like it, but circumstances made me reconsider. I mostly listen to rock and pop music when I use this listening mode and, quite frankly, who the hell knows just what the recording or mixing engineer intended for it to sound like to begin with?

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
I use all channel stereo(9.2) everyday when I listen to music and I absolutely love it. It's hard for me to imagine that some some people are still using traditional two channel setups for their music but to each his own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts