AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be sitting around 9ft away from it. Lcd or plasma doesn't matter. 1080p would be important becuase I would like to browse teh interwebz with it, if that would be possible. If not then I'm sure I could go with 720p. Source would be videos from my computer most of which would be in 720p. I saw this one here. It couldn't be very good for the price could it?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/15190106?w...15100477821920

So if thats bad, which it probably is, what do you recommend? The bigger the better too. It doesn't have to have like a super high quality picture either. Thanks

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I'd treat that as a disposable TV. You can get a name brand Panasonic plasma, 50" 720p for that price, or a smaller LCD. I've even seen a 60" LG plasma advertised locally for under 1000.

Lots of options, stick with name brands --- Panasonic, Samsung, Sony. Avoid Elements, Vizio, Insignia and such.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If you are going to use the TV as a monitor, you might be better off with an LCD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.