AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local HD will order 1" 703 for me at .53 a sheet but I have to buy 100 pieces. My question is, Could I reverse the sheet on the top half of the wall (facing side out) instead of using batting behind the GOM? Looking for a way to use the excess I'd have to buy at this price.

Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
$0.53 per sheet! What size sheets!? For that price, throw the rest away! That's only $53.00 for the whole 100 sheets! That's a crazy price. Something is not right. What kind of facing is on it?

Anyway, no. You wouldn't want to usethis behind the GOM. If it is FRK(FSK?) it has some very interesting absorbtive properties in the lower frequencies faced out. This might be undesirable in your room in large quantities.

I suspect you'd find someone here on the board that would come and get it for that price!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Must be blowing out the stock. 1 inch 2X4 comes 20 to a pack, and is easy to ship. For that price, I'd be willing to tear away the backing (easy) and have what is almost free unfaced 703. Just double up for any needed 2 inch areas. Sell the rest to your fellow AVSers and gain new friends.

If it's real?

E

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Might want to double-check that price just to be sure.

1" x 48" x 96" OC 703 normally runs about $.50 sf, or about $16.00/sheet.

The price you were quoted is either the best deal ever or a mistake...I'd verify it before they order it for you.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have to agree with the others, $0.53 per sheet it ridiculously cheap! Something doesn't sound right. I just bought CertainTeed Duct Board which has very similar specs to the 703. I bought ten 4'x10' sheets for $20/sheet from the HVAC company that was installing the new system in our basement. They delivered it for that price, but as you can see, it is way more expensive than you quoted. I'd double check that price. Here is the stuff I bought:
http://www.certainteed.com/NR/rdonly.../0/3034006.pdf

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Baskethead, if you verify that the price is anything like that, let us know! I'd like to go to my local HD and see if they'd honor it... I only need 10-15 2x4 panels, but at $0.53/panel who cares!?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Buy all you can at that price ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, after a month of waiting my 703 finally came in. Min order was 10 units (10, 2x4 sheets per box). I'm now the proud owner of 100 sheets of unfaced 703 for a grand total of $53.00 + tax. I hope to get started on the project next week and finish before Christmas. The leftover board (which I expect to be a good bit) will be free to whoever wants to come and pick it up.

Greg

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Wow, so you really got 2x4 sheets of 703 for $0.53 per sheet. That's an awsome price. Use the extra to make some corner bass traps.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
where in FL are you?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Deal of the year!

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
Greg,

PLEASE get your receipt and get the SKU for that item or even post a scan of your order/receipt. I'd love to take this to my local HD and see what they say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.