AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On an unrelated forum.. someone posted they just came back from Japan and brought back a Sony 70 Inch Plasma. I am not sure if he is BS'ing. Just wanted to know if they exist in asia?

J

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
There was a post from another guy in the Philippines claiming he had seen a 60" Pioneer. I think that was certainly BS, but asked him anyway (no response yet).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Check the Fujitsu 61 thread; there are references to a Fujitsu prototype 73" plasma there, but nothing is being shipped or sold of that size, anywhere, period.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
There is a prototype of a 60" Pioneer. I saw it in January. It's NEC glass with a Urushi frame. There were no plans to manufacture as of January and the reps thought maybe in 2003. They also said Pioneer could make glass that big, but hadn't started -- hence the NEC glass on the prototype.

Mark

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I saw several news reports this past week on CNN featuring a 60" plasma panel (don't remember from which manufacturer) which was being touted as the "biggest available" at $20,000. Maybe a bigger version is not too far off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.