AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the LCD projectors that I have seen (not many) have tearing artifacts with anything other than 60Hz. How does your projector cope at 72 and/or 75 Hz? Hopefully with enough entries we can get a better picture on what works and what doesn't.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dunno I am running my Sony VPL VW10HT at 60 Hz for 1184 x 666 resolution, due to the fact I must bypass the computer input.

Someone mentioned that it would be interesting to try other frequencies for PAL display though.

DOes anyone know of another possibility for this projector ?

Thanks,

Cedric

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Another data point: I've observed tearing at any refresh rate higher than 60 Hz on the NEC LT150 DLP.

I've seen quite a few pjs lately (DLP and LCD). I don't recall seeing tearing on many of them, but I wasn't specifically looking for it. I've still got a few that I will be evaluating shortly. I'll look for tearing and let you know what I find.

Kevin

·
Registered
115 Posts
my NEC VT540K won't work with 72Hz at all. It isn't a supported resolution. It has tearing at 75Hz. In fact, it really doesn't like any refresh other than 60Hz, even though it claims to support them.

Hey Kem: since you are in chapel hill as well, you'll have to come over and check out my setup if you haven't seen a Vt540 in person. I'm running a radeon based HTPC on an 8 foot wide screen. I enjoy it, especially for the low price it set me back!!!

------------------

-------------------

Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.