AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting this thread for owners of the 7200 and for everyone interested in the 7200 now that it is shipping in quantity. The other 7200 thread has gotten too big and unwieldy.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone gotten an ETA yet on their preorder 7200? My dealer says I should get mine early this week.

I can't wait! I've got my custom mount completed and a 103" diagonal Firehawk waiting.

·
Wireless member
27,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dhp
Has anyone gotten an ETA yet on their preorder 7200? My dealer says I should get mine early this week.

I can't wait! I've got my custom mount completed and a 103" diagonal Firehawk waiting.
So "7200 AD (After Delivery)" is still wishful thinking? :)

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
dhp - Thanks for taking the initative. Sounds like you are all set to go with the mount ready and all. I look forward to reading all about your experiences with it. Please keep up posted on expected delivery date if you hear anything from your dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I talked to my distributor and he thought they'd receive the 7200 today or tomorrow at the latest. Two days later, I'll have mine. The theater is almost completed--texturing the ceiling today...painting in two days. The carpet is due in next week. I should have the projector mounted this weekend, but maybe not. Obviously, I'll keep the gang informed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The threads's title is somewhat misleading.

Nonetheless, there is a need for a leaner 7200 thread not burdened by preliminary concerns and conjecture. Let's get over it and put some great posts in here. I am thinking the 7200 (or MT8) may be my first PJ. Brave early adopters, please enlighten.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie
The threads's title is somewhat misleading.
Somewhat misleading today, entirely accurate tomorrow (or the day after...). I named it for posterity not just for the moment. :)

·
Wireless member
27,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dhp
Somewhat misleading today, entirely accurate tomorrow (or the day after...). I named it for posterity not just for the moment. :)
Hey, just bustin' your cookies a li'l bit. I'm anxious to hear some real user comments from people myself. The 7200 is one I'm considering for an upcoming purchase and all this teasing is torturing me.

·
Premium Member
16,978 Posts
Only partial orders have shipped to suppliers. The balance is to ship in another weeks time.

We will see some reports from those lucky few while others will have to wait.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
For those that have seen the G series D-ILA projectors calibrated please comment on:

1) Color uniformity

2) Black Level, Contrast, and Performance of the projector in movies with a persisting low light level (ie Dark City)

3) Brightness

4) Color Wheel Artifacts or lack thereof

5) If you feed the PJ an interlaced signal (give film 24P to 60i and video (native 60i a try), give us an idea of the perfomance.

6) Give us an idea of the HD performance of the Projector.

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by abigpicture
I will have mine in the a.m. but don't know if I will get my ceiling mount.

Regards

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Yikes on the mounts. My 7200 came at 9am today. its on a table shooting onto a 52 X 92 firehawk. Beautiful!!!..I adjusted only contrast brighness and color sat. ther are so many controls and the picture is so good I am not even going to touch them for now.

much better than the 9000...very very good on poorer signals.DSS and OTA digital...that is how I rate my projectors because I do watch alot of DSS sports...

nicew easy menu..quiet and as good as the protoype that was here about 2 months ago..

a real weiner..

REgards

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
abigpicture, when you say the unit is quiet are you running the projector in high or low power mode? And, how does the fan noise compare to the Sharp Z-9000?

Thanks!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bob Williams - Can you comment on near term production plans for the 7200? My dealer says another shipment is expected next week that will fill backorders.

(This has got to be God's way of punishing me for the thread title.)

·
Wireless member
27,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dhp
Bob Williams - Can you comment on near term production plans for the 7200? My dealer says another shipment is expected next week that will fill backorders.

(This has got to be God's way of punishing me for the thread title.)
:D

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
abigpicture,

Please post some more detailed exposition as soon as you can!

Yours is the first "real" review of the 7200 in action in an actual HT and we're all dying to know more!!

dave :)

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I am watching the evening news in OTA digital..the image is really superb. I have zero complaints..

the unit is quieter than the 9000 and for those of you who remember I used to have an AMpro ALice 3 chip DLP///This picture is as solid looking as that 3chip except with vastly superior contrast....not to mention size....

Here is why i like this unit...

1) price....considering the quality of the image and ease of use..there is nothing that I am aware of that can touch it..

2) image...spectacular for in every sense of the word. and this on poorer signals.

3) THe depth of the image is beautiful.This is the kicker and what is missing from LCD and most DILA that I have seen. ( we are not talking about HDTV or Special cut DVD's) we are talking about standard OTA digital and DSS. The contrast, lack of pixelization and colorsaturation..along with the magic inside the box make it very convincing image to the eye.

4) COLOR ..is very saturated without being blown....not as much as an LCD but a very believable image....natural..

5) I like it because it took an INFOCUS to due what..DWIN...VidiKRON.....Sharp...YAMAHA or anybody else should have done.....( others may be doing it but at a much higher price to the customer)

I was not a fan of infocus a year ago...hated their on screen menus...and many other issues that I posted on this site at sometime....I now have to eat crow..

this product manger should be commended ...he obviously listened to people who had good ideas...and did not take the "hey! Im the manufacturer...I know better!!!! approach!!!!

Regards

1 - 20 of 224 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.