AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, for the install of my 7200, which connection would you guys suggest i run, of course im going to do component and S-vid, but what would u recomend running now rather than later down the line having to drill holes in my drywall again

·
Registered
610 Posts
You should run a DVI cable (expensive but you will eventually use it). You might also want to run a cable with some twisted pair. You can use this if you decide to have an infra-red extender "eye" or you decide to use the serial interface for a really fancy remote control. I would also either run an RGB cable or an extra set of component cables that could be as an RGB with some special connectors. I would run yet one more set of component cables for the D5 component input. I have yet to find a cable to use with this connector but they are out there and you may get one and be able to use it as a third component input. Lastly I would throw in an extra coax cable in case you want or need to use the lowly composite input - I know I used that for a while with a cable box that only had composite output.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have 10 rg59 cables running from my rack to the ceiling mounted 7200....

I use bnc connectors on both sides and i can use this 10 cables for every type of connection (with exception to dvi) . So if i need rgbhv I use 5 rg59 and 2 bnc-vga patches... if I need s-vid use 2 rg59 and so on....

I'v done it so because I think it's more flexible so. ..but it's just my opinion.

Bye

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, Denis, when you say the "twisted Pair" what do u mean by this, which port on the PJ would it go into...guess im just a little confused and trying to peice all the components together :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Much of this question depends on your current and future needs, and what kind of source switching capability you might have at your sources. The projector itself has 15 possible video inputs (through 8 connectors) and 5 control inputs, and you could choose to use all of them (although I have never heard of anyone doing that). The connections are as follows:

Video 1 (M1-DA): DVI-D, RGBHV, ED/HDTV Component, USB

Video 2 (HD15): RGBHV, ED/HDTV Component

Video 3 (3 RCAs): SD Component, ED/HDTV Component

Video 4 (S-Video): S-Video

Video 5 (S-Video): S-Video

Video 6 (3 RCAs): SD Component, ED/HDTV Component

Video 7 (RCA): Composite video

Video 8 (D5): SD Component, ED/HDTV Component, RGBS (SCART)

DB9: RS232

IR in: Cabled remote control

Trigger 1: Screen drop relay

Trigger 2: 4:3 curtain relay

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fahmi
thanks guys, Denis, when you say the "twisted Pair" what do u mean by this, which port on the PJ would it go into...guess im just a little confused and trying to peice all the components together :)
Sorry - twisted pair is two small gage wires twisted together (usually intended to reduce interference). If you have a cable with some number of these twisted pair wires in it you then could add a min-phono plug connector and use a pair as a remote IR emitter, screen drop/curtain relay connection, or add the right connector and use it as an RS232 (maybe even use it for USB). Once you have the cable in the wall you will have the flexibility to to use it easily, by adding the right connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.