AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Toshiba MT8 on the weekend. I have a Model 6000 HDTV receiver connected to one of the component inputs. Everything seems fine, except the autowide function. I thought that when you select this, the projector is supposed to stretch the image to fill the entire 16x9 screen. In my case, it actually seems to squeeze the image into something a little taller than normal 4x3.

I suspect I have missed something I am supposed to do in setup somewhere, but have not found it so far. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Also, when I run the 6000 in 1080i mode, I get a perfect 16x9 image for HD material. If I switch to 720p, the image no longer fills the complete width of the screen. There are vertical bars, maybe 3"-5" wide on both sides of the screen, which is 92" wide. So far I have not figured out this problem either.

Other than that the projector is great so far. A word of advice for new projector owners - don't put Enigma on for your first movie. I rented this and it is the worst transfer I can ever remember seeing. It is so bad that I thought there was something wrong with my DVD player or sparkling new projector. Fortunately it was just the DVD.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had an issue where STDV from an RCA DSS receiver was squeezed horizontally to "taller than 4x3". I did a factory reset on the projector and it cleared up, never to return. This sounds like a synch issue. Also, what firmware are you using? If you can verify there's no warranty issue, you might consider getting the M1 to VGA or DVI cable and installing InFocus firmware 3.2; it accesses more of the Faroudja FLI2300's feature set.

Good Luck,

Todd/Indy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running version 2.9 of the software. I don't think there is a warranty issue in running the InFocus software. Is InFocus the only source of a cable that can be used to upgrade the software?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update - the autowide function seems to work fine with a DVD source. The way it stretches stuff can make some things look goofy but at least it seems to work as advertised. It still won't work with the Model 6000 receiver though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Most people here detest anything other than OAR (original aspect ratio). Anything else is considered butchery.

Todd/Indy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with the OAR comment. That is how I watch all DVD's. I was playing with the stretch function to see how it worked with 4x3 TV sources. It still does not work though. Maybe its not much of a loss, but I am curious why I can't get it to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.