Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

Help me out on this, since I subscribed to VOOM, I am seriously considering to purchase d-vhs recorder by JVC. also to take full advantage of 7205 (1280x720) resolution by playing pre-recorded hi-definition movies.

My major concern is compatibility. Does 7205 have IEEE1394 input jacks to maintain signal in digital domain or do i have to rely on component video?

What is actually IEEE1394? Please someone explain to me is there any adapter to convert into dvi-d or buying a DH40000U will be waste of money? Your help and advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Syed

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
right now there is no way to copy any HD from Voom to your dvhs. IEEE1394 is the actual spec fo firewire. I say wait until voom comes out with it's own DVR/tuner (if it ever does)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If you're interested in D-Theater/D-VHS I'd highly recommend the JVC HM-DH5U which is out now. It has a DVI output that would allow a direct digital connection to the 7205. I wouldn't waste my time on a HM-DH40000 if you're wanting a straight digital connection.

http://www.jvc.com/Resources/00/00/54/54.JPG

I bet that picture would be awesome. Check the HD recorders forum for more details and user reviews. So far this has been the most stable out of all the JVC units to come out to date.

JVC also has the HM-DT100 which has a built in ATSC tuner if you're interested in that one, although it costs about twice as much ($1400 MSRP).

FYI - Firewire is a digital connection used to transfer compressed digital audio and video. The 7205 doesn't have one.

Troy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another option is to use a Samsung SIR-T165 to interface the D-VHS firewire interface to the display's DVI input. This allows you to digitally link the D-VHS VCR to the display.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Vanns.company has a great price on them right now.

No need for a two piece, two stage setup when he can get one unit for less than the price of both of those.

Troy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.