AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the PS3 isn't upscaling 720p games to 1080i yet, so I'm only able to play Tiger Woods and CoD3 in 480p on my Toshiba 57hx81... but can someone please explain to me why then the 720p game demos and trailers I download play just fine?

Are these just mismarked, or am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the same TV, lets hope they put in a 1080i patch for games, so we can continue to enjoy our TVs even more.

As far as video, the PS3 can upscale that to the desired resolutions selected. As of this time, it cannot upscale games.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I think the PS3 will play those downloads at the same resolution that your XMB is set at. I've downloaded 1080p trailiers just to see it they work. and they Play at 1080i that my XMB is set at. (I dont have a 1080p) set.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboJosh /forum/post/0

Game demos aren't scaled either. Video files are scaled however since the PS3 has plenty of additional resources to do so.

So why can I play the GripShift demo (which states the game is 720p)?

Are there any technical differences between upscaling games and videos? Why can it do one but not the other?

Hopefully it is fixed in the next patch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.