AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone tried the new OXM demo of Hulk on 720p, when I put it in I am getting a messed up screen. If I disable 720p and let it run ant 480p its "fine". Perhaps it has to do with the native res of my tv[34xbr960], I dunno, but anyone else that is trying the game in HD, what did you get.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Worked fine on my Sammy DLP in 720p. I'm pretty sure I have 1080i disabled on my Xbox, but I think the demo only did 720p anyway. Looked good, but frame rates seemed to suffer. Gameplay is reported to be similar to Spiderman 2 (looks like it so far), but it looks so much better. Spiderman 2 has to be on of the ugliest "good" games I've seen on Xbox.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, I don't know why it's doing this. I've disabled 1080i and still no go.I even checked the display output of my tv and it will say 720p. I was going to buy this so I can finally see what a high def game looks like.. i guess it'll be a rental first.

I played it in 480p and the game is pretty good. If anything the demo is to short though.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Works on my sony kdp65ws550 ok. I echo ctiq's sentiments. A tad choppy, like a constant 20fps rate or something.

Also noticed that one of the other demos (mortal kombat super shaolin adventure) only supported 480i)

·
Registered
183 Posts
It works perfectly on my Panny PX50U....

It looks beautiful in 720p....and I'm jonesing for some 720p games lemme tell ya. I can't wait for the 360...I keep playing the Hulk demo and also Freedom Fighters again cause it's 720p..... :D

November can't come soon enough man.....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNett
It works perfectly on my Panny PX50U....

It looks beautiful in 720p....and I'm jonesing for some 720p games lemme tell ya. I can't wait for the 360...I keep playing the Hulk demo and also Freedom Fighters again cause it's 720p..... :D

November can't come soon enough man.....
lol, I'm the exact same way. I'm foaming at the mouth for some 360 action. I rented MX vs. ATV unleashed and Amped 2. Both genres that I don't even like, but man does 720p look great on them :D By the way, if you guys want to wow your buddies, Amped 2 is not only a fun game, but it is the best looking 720p game on the XBOX IMO. The surround sound is great (people yelling at you from all 4 sides). Best of all, you can probably find it used for like 10 bucks.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Yeah I loved amped 2 and the online play was great until people started finding cheats and shortcuts and it made the online compitition no fun :( I hope they fix that for amped 3

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StentorianVoices
Perhaps it has to do with the native res of my tv[34xbr960], I dunno, but anyone else that is trying the game in HD, what did you get.
I have the same TV you have (34xbr960) and it worked great in 720P, although I did have to play with the disk to get my xbox to read it. I used the old boiled water trick..

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I had a problem getting this to work on my LCD TV (a Sony 768p rear projection). It looked like a garbled wavy mess. I rebooted my Xbox and tried again with the same results. Very disappointing since I wanted to see what the game is all about. Maybe I'll give it another try this week and disable 1080 and/or 720 on the Xbox, but that sounds like a poor workaround, even for a "free" demo.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So are there any reviews other than the IGN one? Just wondering cause it's not yet known if the fnal XBOX version runs at 720p (and if so, at a good framerate). I'm excited about this one, but it may be a rental if I can't confirm this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm running into the same troubles - My Mitsubishi 65809 can't sync the signal for Hulk in 720p, only at 480p. I've also got Dragon's Lair 3d, which is 720p (or is it 1080i?) and that works just fine at hi-def.

anyone else with the Mits seeing this trouble? This is with a rev 1.6 xbox.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.