AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Quote:
what mode are you using on your D1 Bravo or Samsung HD931? 720p or 1080i?
It depends on your display. Picking the one that's a perfect match to your display will give you the best image quality. 1:1, output to input resolution.

Also, for example, the 931 outputs 720p at 1280 x 720, so if your display's native size is that, your set. But some displays are not natively 1280 x 720, so you will not have a perfect 1:1 match.

Except with the Bravo D1. Not only does it have standard resolutions for 720p & 1080i, it also has the ability to set custom resolutions in it's menu. So, you can get a perfect resolution match to almost any display. Even some of the non 16:9 PJ or odd-size Plasma displays. The 931 doesn't give you this option.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by santellavision
It depends on your display. Picking the one that's a perfect match to your display will give you the best image quality. 1:1, output to input resolution.

Also, for example, the 931 outputs 720p at 1280 x 720, so if your display's native size is that, your set. But some displays are not natively 1280 x 720, so you will not have a perfect 1:1 match.

Except with the Bravo D1. Not only does it have standard resolutions for 720p & 1080i, it also has the ability to set custom resolutions in it's menu. So, you can get a perfect resolution match to almost any display. Even some of the non 16:9 PJ or odd-size Plasma displays. The 931 doesn't give you this option.
Santellavision.... I just got my new Bravo D1 and it seems to be working, I have the firmware disc to do the upgrade, but I'm not sure of exactly what the benefits are to me.

When I watch 1080i on my Panasonic 50 in LCD, I still have the black lines on the top and bottom, could this be fixed via the custom resolutions, or is this not what custom resolutions would do?

I'd love to make this fix if possible, but don't want to mess anything up now that the Bravo and Panny are actually working together! ;) Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.