AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was seriously considering buying one of Panny's PX models. As there is an issue with 720p, I'm curious as to how important it is. Thoughts, information, etc, will be much appreciated. In the end, I get the feeling I'm going to go Commerical model. . . Thanks!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The 720p on the PX models has not been confirmed yet. There is quite a bit of conflicting information on the topic, so all we can do is wait till one of us can actually test it.

As far as importance. On an HD model, not critical but definately a plus.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. From what I was hearing, it has 720p, but for PC input?!?!?

I'm sure Rogo will set me straight on this issue. . .

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Only time you might have to have it is for Xbox - almost all the HD games are 720p. (This p*sses off the RPTV folks since many don't support 720p.) The non HD games are 480i or 480p. Seems like most HD receivers are selectable between 720p/1080i. Haven't seen an HD cable box, but I presume they're similar. Scaling DVD players like the Bravo or Samsung give you the choice as well.

I use 720p with my Pio 433CMX because it's closest to the panel's native resolution, but I didn't really see a difference between 720p & 1080i.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks DJS!

Interesting...

What connections do you use to input X-Box (although I don't presently have one, I would like to buy one when I get the plasma)? On a different subject, any problems with burn while using the video games?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
There are a number of threads about burn-in, both here and in the gaming forum. Upshot - I don't recall anyone reporting actually getting burn-in.

The best connection from an XBox is component. And it's stunning on my 433CMX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.