AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to hd and only get my local stations through comcast hd box.the box allows me to set it to different hd reception.I read that FOX is 720p and ABC NBC and PBS are 1080i.Ive always had my box at the 1080i setting.Should i change it for FOX reception?I cant see much of a difference with settings changed.All sports events and PBS look outstanding on my 433 plasma and other shows in Hd look like DVD movies.

·
Registered
44 Posts
when i watch Leno and put it into 720P on my pioneer 4340, there is a lot of picture distrotion. However, when i change the seetings on my satellite reciever to 1080i it looks probably twice as good. I dont really know why. Football looks amazing in 720P, never tried 1080i. I gues it might have to do with some broadcasting 1080i and 720p. but it perplexes me because regrdless, the plasma can only do 720P, does anyone have answers?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying my plasma(433cmx-Pioneer)also can only do 720p?I find 1080i is best for football.this is all very confusing.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
depends on native resolution of the display, most plasma are at 768...

abc/fox use 720, cbs, nbc 1080i...

But, unless you're 1:1 pixel mapping, there's still going to be some scaling from display...

Some displays scale 1080i better than 720, for whatever reason. Play with both, decide which YOU like better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.