AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the spec's from various HDTV manufacturers.

Has anyone found any "Big Screen" TV's that support 720p?

All of them I find only support 540p / 1080i.

thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Is that really a big concern since all STB's convert the HD signal to either 720 or 1080.

Regards

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
You may be able to still find an older Panasonic PT56WXF95 or PT65WX50...these were the last reasonably priced sets that displayed 720p natively. I bought the PT56WXF95 specifically because of 720p which turned out to be a mistake. The quality of the panny's picture didn't compare to that of my Mits (which I replaced the Panny with). 720p has its benefits...but IMO you should go with front projection if you have to have it.

(I wouldn't mind having 720p...but I'm not willing to pay the costs for front projection...1080i is good enough for me)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michael, the material that I have seen on my Toshiba TP71H95 (which does not do 720p), which has been converted from 720p to 1080i did not look as good as I thought it should.

My feeling was if I could display the material as broadcast it would look better.

As Marc mentioned I may have to go to a front projector... I would like to have the larger screen size, but the dollar issues have kept me out so far.

Steve

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

You might also find some of the Philips models that do 720P as well.

If you head to FP ... then CRT's are the way to go for native displays. Forget about the fixed panel displays.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.