AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is it a toss up? I'm thinking about jumping on this as I really like my 7200, but I have to believe the 7210 is better, but not sure its worth the upgrade. Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the same question. I've had my 7200 for years now and love it. I'm trying to find and upgrade DLP only that will fit in my 12'6" throw on a 110" screen. Let me know what you decide.

BTW I saw a 7200 for $799. I felt sick

Thanks

Mark Franke

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah..amazing at what I paid for it a few years ago...although it has been great and still is

·
Registered
16,553 Posts
Yes the 7210 is a nice upgrade from the 7200 on almost all counts , and at the current pricing it is a steal

-- Jason

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn it DAGAME

·
Registered
331 Posts
contrast ratio of only 2500:1? it really throws that great of an image? im looking at getting a projector for ps3/360 and blu-ray but its just as buying an HDTV im afraid. to many choices and everybody posts good things about each. it took me 2 years to finally buy an HDTV because i kept seeing something that i thought was better. i hope i dont have a similar problem with a projector, but its seems i will. was just sold on an marantz vp4001 but now there is a few others that look good.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The 2500-1 CR rating seems unfair to this projector. I have not personally measured this but from what I have seen of the images from this model it looks a lot better than it's rated specs would indicate.

Definetly a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heck my 7200 throws a great image, but always (like others here) looking to upgrade

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Infocus seems conservative on the specs. Also, most other projectors that advertise higher CR spec do not measure up to it, so be cautious on basing a decision on just manufacture numbers. It's the actual PQ that matters.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does it use the same bulb as the 7200?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts