AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I bought an Elite 101 display. This was the only change in my set up coming from a 650 LCD that was calibrated by UMR. When I turned on the display to watch Dish the blacks were horrible and the colors had a hazy look to them.

The 101 has a setting that automatically picks up what colorspace is being sent to it. It picks it up correctly with my BD player. The only way I can get Dish to look correct is if I manually change the setting on the 101 to RGB(16-235). For some reason auto does not work right with the 722.

I have tried other cables and going directly to the display to see if maybe my A/V receiver was the issue, no luck.

So has anyone had something similar happen? I really doubt that the 101 is not working right as I would put Pioneers quality control, especially on a signature model, over the 722.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
This exact thing happens to me with my 722 and my Samsung LN-S4696D using HDMI. The 722 seems to have trouble negotiating the correct color space with some displays. I use component instead.

Ted

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am sorry for you but I have to say that is great news. I am glad it isn't just me. Now the question is if it is all the 722's or if I could get lucky with another. Pioneer is looking into it and I hope they can duplicate it on their end.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think it just kind of depends on the combination of devices. My Samsung LN-32A450 works just fine using HDMI with both my 622 and my 722. Samsung says the 722 should offer a color space configuration to force a particular setting, but Dish disagrees. Perhaps Pioneer will have more luck.

Ted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts