AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abe’s of Maine $2649. I’m returning a Vizio P75-F1 to Costco for jailbars and color banding issues.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I wouldn’t buy anything from Abe’s of Maine.

Reactions: vicdvp

·
Registered
237 Posts
Abe’s of Maine $2649. I’m returning a Vizio P75-F1 to Costco for jailbars and color banding issues.
That sounds like a great price with included shipping and I don't know anything about Abe's of Maine, but this is from their FAQ:

"Is Abe's of Maine an Authorized Dealer?
We carry a variety of name brand products, some of which we ARE an Authorized Dealer & some of which we are NOT an Authorized Dealer. If you do not see the “Authorized Dealer” logo on the product detail page then we are NOT authorized for those products. Some notable manufacturer’s that we are NOT Authorized Dealer for include Canon, LG, Nikon, Panasonic, Tamron, Sigma, Samsung & Sony."

I'm not sure if that means Sony wouldn't honor the warranty. I'm also interested in this television so the post caught my attention.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually figured that out after a deep dive and went to Greentoe and bought the panel at $2699 instead from an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I actually figured that out after a deep dive and went to Greentoe and bought the panel at $2699 instead from an authorized dealer.
That is still a great deal. Can I ask who the seller is? I have never used Greentoe. Ultimately I think I am going to go with Cleveland Plasma to support a forum sponsor, plus they seem to have a good rep, but that is a great price.

I am still a couple weeks from placing my order but I am leaning heavily towards the 75" 900F at this time.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keith, Greentoe hasn't specified the seller yet, I should know today. They only use authorized sellers though so I am not concerned. They say when a deal is accepted it normally ships in 1-2 days.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Part of the greentoe deal is to not advertise who the dealer is. Sony has MAP pricing guidelines and this threatens the rules of it. Dealers can get threatened to stop doing ot or even cut off. Best for all concerned to not go there and just say it's a respected authorized dealer or this will go the the way of folks abusing price protection. In this case with makers cracking down to protect their network of higher service dealers. Use Greentoe or call a dealer like Cleveland directly. If you get a great price, either don't say the # or don't mention the dealer.

There's a reason shops like Abes are not authorized dealers.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greentoe did send me an email specifying not to release the dealers name. They are a Sony authorized dealer.

Reactions: Deputy Moonman

·
Registered
96 Posts
Keith, Greentoe hasn't specified the seller yet, I should know today. They only use authorized sellers though so I am not concerned. They say when a deal is accepted it normally ships in 1-2 days.
Check your credit card and you will find out who has a hold or has charged your card (not to disclose here but for your info). I'm waiting for my 85 this week (the dealer didn't have them in stock and I was told this before I approved the order).

So far Greentoe has been great to deal with, dealer is authorized, got shipping notice, and save some $$.

I'm buying a 3 year extended warranty from Costco, it requires you to buy from an authorized dealer, which is why I went through Greentoe,,I don't want a reason for my warranty to be declined years from now

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I got the shipping confirmation from the dealer and saw their charge. Due to arrive this Friday. Greentoe has been great for me also, can't beat the pricing. A Costco Square Trade warranty is totally worth it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, all inclusive, including delivery.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Korndawg, I see that you are looking at replacing a P75-F1 like me.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had to try the Vizio based on the low cost. Unfortunately the jailbars issue is hard to ignore, I tried. Even the best Vizio panels still had some of this issue. I tried to like it, since the picture is really nice besides that issue. I decided to go to the Sony as the reviews are very good and the thread on them has very few people complaining about quality problems, unlike the Vizio threads, both the P and the PQ series.

·
Registered
17,092 Posts
Part of the greentoe deal is to not advertise who the dealer is. Sony has MAP pricing guidelines and this threatens the rules of it. Dealers can get threatened to stop doing ot or even cut off. Best for all concerned to not go there and just say it's a respected authorized dealer or this will go the the way of folks abusing price protection. In this case with makers cracking down to protect their network of higher service dealers. Use Greentoe or call a dealer like Cleveland directly. If you get a great price, either don't say the # or don't mention the dealer.

There's a reason shops like Abes are not authorized dealers.
Greentoe did send me an email specifying not to release the dealers name. They are a Sony authorized dealer.

from what I gather, it's the same seller that's accepting the deal. I haven't seen a seller outside of beach camera that has been accepting offers from green toe for TVs. other members have noted that this seems a little suspicious.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I don't. They probably get 1st shot from their high acceptance rate and nobody else is beating their price. Talking about it with their mane included kinda defeats the purpose of staying anonymous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought the Sony 900F 75" from Beach Camera via Greentoe for 2699. We will see how the transaction goes. I got an email from them stating they were sending me a bulb yesterday. Called them and it was an error on their end and they fixed it and are now shipping me a TV. Other than that so far so good. We shall see when the TV arrives.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Katari, when is yours due to deliver? Mine is tentatively scheduled for Friday. It shipped last Friday. I am awaiting a call to schedule the home delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is due next week. Please let me know your experience and I will do likewise. I just read on this same forum about another guy who didn't like the shipping company they used. Hopefully that is just a one off.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts