AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes...mine was found this afternoon if I'm to believe the shipper (I don't) Damaged.....so I won't be receiving it at all.

Bad deal with this shipping co....not sure I ever want to do anything like this again. Long and strange story but lets just say I would never run a business like that. No one should. They even refused to answer simple questions I put to them....like do you have my set...just flat out no answer. So messed up....

Not the seller mind you...Beach Camera was fine and is not happy about this either....well up to today as they are closed today so are unaware of today's goings on.

Bummer you are having problems. Just remember you always have protection from your credit card. If you don't receive order or it's not as described you can always do a charge back. It's pretty painless and most cards will credit the purchase immediately pending review.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes...mine was found this afternoon if I'm to believe the shipper (I don't) Damaged.....so I won't be receiving it at all.

Bad deal with this shipping co....not sure I ever want to do anything like this again. Long and strange story but lets just say I would never run a business like that. No one should. They even refused to answer simple questions I put to them....like do you have my set...just flat out no answer. So messed up....

Not the seller mind you...Beach Camera was fine and is not happy about this either....well up to today as they are closed today so are unaware of today's goings on.

Beach cam going to reship???

Sorry for your trouble. Hope I’m not going down the same path since mine has been in flight longer than yours.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A $2200 bid for the 75" at greentoe shows an 80% success rate of having the bid accepted.
Never heard of Greentoe. Are they a legit authorized dealer?

The Massdrop offer is tempting. I was resigned to waiting to see the price of the 75" Vizio PQ, but hm. . .

·
Registered
106 Posts
A $2200 bid for the 75" at greentoe shows an 80% success rate of having the bid accepted.
Never heard of Greentoe. Are they a legit authorized dealer?

The Massdrop offer is tempting. I was resigned to waiting to see the price of the 75" Vizio PQ, but hm. . .
I bought my 75" 900f through Greentoe and it went great. They are a middleman for authorized dealers. You don't know who you are getting your set from until you make the deal but I used them and everything went fine.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Sorry for your trouble. Hope I’m not going down the same path since mine has been in flight longer than yours.

Just received word via email they are going to refund. I didn't get the option to reship. That seems odd to me but this whole thing was so I guess that fits perfectly. I'll get one locally.

·
Registered
394 Posts
t76turbo
I hope it's just a delay but so far it can't be accounted for. Was sent to the shipper on the 14....they received it and was listed as on hand at site. Now they say they don't have it. I called yesterday. Oh...but it does list a delivery date of ....well here is a direct copy. Scheduled Delivery Date/Time: 1/1/3000 by 5:00 PM

dudley07726
I wish I was you....so how do you like it? I couldn't fit the 85" so went with the 75" I have the 65" now and it's alright. Will be moving that to another room or selling it.
Fantastic TV. 4K documentaries on Direct TV channel 104 have phenomenal picture quality.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Just received word via email they are going to refund. I didn't get the option to reship. That seems odd to me but this whole thing was so I guess that fits perfectly. I'll get one locally.

Dang. Sorry to hear. You could call them and demand a reshipment.

Mine finally came in to my city and the delivery company has it. Delivery is set for today. Wish me luck. Still unsure how smooth inspecting a tv this large is going to go. I guess I will just do what it takes to get a view of the screen and plug it I. Hopefully there is a splash screen that will allow me to check for dead pixels or at least dead sections.

Once it is done I will probably wonder what the big deal was the entire time. But until then, I will feel uncomfortable.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Dang. Sorry to hear. You could call them and demand a reshipment.

Mine finally came in to my city and the delivery company has it. Delivery is set for today. Wish me luck. Still unsure how smooth inspecting a tv this large is going to go. I guess I will just do what it takes to get a view of the screen and plug it I. Hopefully there is a splash screen that will allow me to check for dead pixels or at least dead sections.

Once it is done I will probably wonder what the big deal was the entire time. But until then, I will feel uncomfortable.

Got mine today. Was a breeze to open box and plug in tv to check it out. Pulled 70 inch Sony off the wall and swapped over mount.

Now everything is hooked up and working great.

Took a little too long to get but now that it is here, I am very happy. I will mess with settings soon. But the picture looks good where it is for general tv use.

·
Registered
285 Posts
t76turbo
I'm glad it all worked out. Yes is really does make one a bit uneasy when things are not as they should be. The whole buy it online thing generally works well but with items as large as this....well ...sometimes shtuff happens.

2000army
PM me and I'll give out that info. I'd rather not on an open forum as it may be against some rule here to do so. Remember I only had this one bad experience with this one company. I don't blame Beach Camera for what happened. The forced refund was a bit odd but I guess I'm ok with it at this point.

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
any idea if the x900f will see a price drop below the $2200 mark? Does anyone remember from the previous years if the old model sees a dramatic price drop in April or May?

·
Registered
738 Posts
any idea if the x900f will see a price drop below the $2200 mark? Does anyone remember from the previous years if the old model sees a dramatic price drop in April or May?

I would think it's quite possible the 75X900F would hit 2200 in the next 3-5 weeks

Here's a one year history on 55x900E as they all follow somewhat similar price move.
Basically there is usually a drop late April to mid-May

·
Registered
587 Posts
IMO the prices are about as low as they'll go. However, when dealing with Greentoe, you never know what you might get. That said, most Greentoe retailers are probably looking at the "public" price trend, and responding to their offers based on such. If the MSRP of the TV doesn't go any lower, which I don't believe it will, it's unlikely that the Greentoe price will change a whole lot. I do believe it could change some, though, as Greentoe retailers choose to "beat the rush" and clear out old stock to make way for new models. My best guess is that $2100 would be the rock bottom you'll see on Greentoe, $2200 probable.

Here's the chart for the 65X900E street/MSRP pricing, the closest I could think of. Every year seems different, though, which makes sense because there are other TV's that Sony is releasing and discontinuing all the time, and their price for TV A surely depends on TV's B and C if they're competing models.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^ FWIW, It's been at @2250 for months at Greentoe. They offered me that way back in January.. seems to be staying the same. Maybe it'll drop a tad lower when the 75X950G becomes a little more mainstream. Sony will likely cut the price of the 950G around Summer, too, and that would be a good time to "haggle" for a 900F.

·
Registered
25 Posts
But, you might be right...$2100ish might be rock bottom. I don't want to wait too long and not get one! (waiting for a unreasonable price)

·
Registered
25 Posts
^ FWIW, It's been at @2250 for months at Greentoe. They offered me that way back in January.. seems to be staying the same. Maybe it'll drop a tad lower when the 75X950G becomes a little more mainstream. Sony will likely cut the price of the 950G around Summer, too, and that would be a good time to "haggle" for a 900F.
ok, gotcha. I just got the $2250 offer from greentoe last week. I might wait till end of April...if not movement, I will just pull the trigger at $2250. (hoping inventory will still be avail!...yikes)

I was debating between the 65 and 75 but at 16 ft from tv...I think the 75 is gtg.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Heh, yeah, I told myself I'd pull the trigger @ $2000 in January. I've been all over the place with this decision though LOL. I think I'll end up settling for a 65X900F most likely and then upgrade to an even higher-end 75" TV, with HDMI 2.0, in a few years. Unfortunately my deal of the century 75X900E (from eBay) didn't work out (big surprise, lol).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Agree re. your size choice. We are only 9 feet away so I think we'll get by with the 65". :p Was hoping for that movie-theater-like immersion but oh well haha.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts