AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Heh, yeah, I told myself I'd pull the trigger @ $2000 in January. I've been all over the place with this decision though LOL. I think I'll end up settling for a 65X900F most likely and then upgrade to an even higher-end 75" TV, with HDMI 2.0, in a few years. Unfortunately my deal of the century 75X900E (from eBay) didn't work out (big surprise, lol).
Yea, I've been all over the place too! going between a 65 OLED or 75 x900f (quality vs size). due to the distance I have decided on size (75 vs 65, it was hard though!) I've been looking and going back and forth in my head since Nov! I had a killer deal on a 75x900f fall though on craigslist...big surprise there too..haha.
Do you had a chance to pay $2k for a 75 back in Jan? where?...or is that the ebay one?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yea, I've been all over the place too! going between a 65 OLED or 75 x900f (quality vs size). due to the distance I have decided on size (75 vs 65, it was hard though!) I've been looking and going back and forth in my head since Nov! I had a killer deal on a 75x900f fall though on craigslist...big surprise there too..haha.
Do you had a chance to pay $2k for a 75 back in Jan? where?...or is that the ebay one?
Honestly, if most of your viewing is from 16' away, you might be better off getting a lower-end 82" or 85" set (assuming it'll fit in your space). You might not notice much difference at that distance. Best Buy currently has the 82" NU8000 for $2300, which probably means you can find one for less.

I wouldn't even consider a 65" if I was in your shoes. Paying OLED money to watch from that distance would be a waste, IMO.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Reactions: Panson

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm not a fan of refurbs myself, but I know someone who picked up one and he's really happy. You can add 3 year square trade for $99 as well at secondipity

75" 900F $1599
they also have 75X900E's for $1150

·
Registered
276 Posts
DJ,
They don't charge tax for your state. It will show correctly at checkout. You can check the states that they get tax for by looking at the shipping and returns page.
Warranties are through Consumer Priority Service not Square Trade, at least on site.

Cheers!

Reactions: DJ Kuul A

·
Registered
464 Posts
DJ,
They don't charge tax for your state. It will show correctly at checkout. You can check the states that they get tax for by looking at the shipping and returns page.
Warranties are through Consumer Priority Service not Square Trade, at least on site.

Cheers!
Good catch. Just my luck they tax my state :mad:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am curious about this tv maybe dropping in price too. I want to buy the 75” 900F before I can no longer get it at Best Buy. I just got the BB card today so I can get the 0% financing. The salesman said they will probably be pushing out the 2018 models from the physicals stores in the next month or so. So I don’t want to wait too long. But right now they are asking $2,800 which seems a little high still for last year’s model.

any idea if the x900f will see a price drop below the $2200 mark? Does anyone remember from the previous years if the old model sees a dramatic price drop in April or May?

I would think it's quite possible the 75X900F would hit 2200 in the next 3-5 weeks

Here's a one year history on 55x900E as they all follow somewhat similar price move.
Basically there is usually a drop late April to mid-May

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tough to say. It's been $2800 at BB for months now. Maybe they'll lower it at the last minute when they really need to clear 'em out.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm sure you will see 2500 at BestBuy by June. I see open boxes as low as 2215 near me now. Also the price was 2499 at NewEgg at one time and BB will price match NewEgg.

Truth is some folks will never be comfortable buying online and need the security of Best Buy or Costco. I'm not in that boat but I can understand the reasons. I've been super fortunate to never have a bad panel or bad experience in 6 online TV purchases. Some folks do and I'm sure it can be very frustrating to deal with. I'm pretty laid back and have several TV's to cover if I did have an issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fair point, i can understand too. Once i find an online deal or open box for $2k...i will take it, cant wait! I hope it happens before inventory runs out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm sure you will see 2500 at BestBuy by June. I see open boxes as low as 2215 near me now. Also the price was 2499 at NewEgg at one time and BB will price match NewEgg.
Well, Amazon just lowered their price to $2499.24. Maybe BestBuy will match it.

Bob

121 - 140 of 164 Posts