Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well that was short lived. I was going to go to BB today to get it priced matched and Amazon is already back up to $2,800. I’m so damn pissed.

I'm sure you will see 2500 at BestBuy by June. I see open boxes as low as 2215 near me now. Also the price was 2499 at NewEgg at one time and BB will price match NewEgg.
Well, Amazon just lowered their price to $2499.24. Maybe BestBuy will match it.

Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well that was short lived. I was going to go to BB today to get it priced matched and Amazon is already back up to $2,800. I’m so damn pissed.

I'm sure you will see 2500 at BestBuy by June. I see open boxes as low as 2215 near me now. Also the price was 2499 at NewEgg at one time and BB will price match NewEgg.
Well, Amazon just lowered their price to $2499.24. Maybe BestBuy will match it.

Bob
Yea i missed out too...

·
Registered
196 Posts
What you end up going with?

If X900F drops at BBY for Memorial Day, I might be too tempted to go ahead and pull the trigger on it. The PQX-75 looks tempting but they are dragging their feet and have QC issues.

I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't jumped yet. If I lived near a Brandsmart store I would have jumped on the 2500 75Q9n

Norm

·
Registered
25 Posts
I intend to buy from greentoe, even though i live by BB, because the price of the tvs are cheaper. Having to pay Sales tax at BB shoots the price back up.

·
Registered
587 Posts
What you end up going with?

If X900F drops at BBY for Memorial Day, I might be too tempted to go ahead and pull the trigger on it. The PQX-75 looks tempting but they are dragging their feet and have QC issues.
ha ha you and I are both still on the hunt!

·
Registered
464 Posts
ha ha you and I are both still on the hunt!
Well, I didn't expect Vizio to wait THIS long to drop the model. And the Sony x900F just never dropped to the $1999. Maybe take a look at this TCL 8 Series and Hisense, but after all of these months waiting, I feel like Sony is the king, dimming zones and contrast be damned.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm a couple weeks from having my 75X900F 1 year(May 10) and I really love the TV. Honestly I watch it more that the OLED. Probably because I'm a sports nut and I have it in brightly lit game room/man cave. Honestly the OLED is unmatched for 4K content in a darker room...the blacks and contrast are still breathtaking...but normal daily viewing of cable, ota, sports and gaming is better on the Sony. The upscaling is noticeably better and very minor blooming is almost never noticed. I would rate this the best TV I ever owned, all things considered. I bought from Chris at CP for 3K and I have zero regrets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a couple weeks from having my 75X900F 1 year(May 10) and I really love the TV. Honestly I watch it more that the OLED. Probably because I'm a sports nut and I have it in brightly lit game room/man cave. Honestly the OLED is unmatched for 4K content in a darker room...the blacks and contrast are still breathtaking...but normal daily viewing of cable, ota, sports and gaming is better on the Sony. The upscaling is noticeably better and very minor blooming is almost never noticed. I would rate this the best TV I ever owned, all things considered. I bought from Chris at CP for 3K and I have zero regrets.
Thanks for the info, i am completely sold on the 75x900f.

Tha ks

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm all but set on a 65" X900F but now I'm worried that the prices are going up! The 75" would be great, but I've all but absolutely decided to save a chunk now, and then upgrade to a 75+" with the new HDMI features, and hopefully better PQ, in two or three years. Hopefully the 65" X900F will be a nice enough upgrade from my 51" Plasma 720p. :) I'm just worried now that the prices are going UP! According to the Greentoe "offer tool" (which surely is bs anyway), the odds aren't looking good for me. 65" was going for $1300 a few month back but now the little tool is giving me low odds on an offer being accepted there. I haven't actually made an offer yet because now they require my CC, and I'm dragging my feet for various reasons lol.

I actually pulled the trigger on a "New" 75" X900E from eBay for $1300... well you can guess how that ended up working out. :p NBD though, I did my research and was protected.. just caused me a little annoyance, which I knew I was risking.

Eh, honestly I'll probably end up with whatever is the best deal between 75" and 65" X900F, at this point. I'm just wondering how late is "too late" to wait.

EDIT: I got an email from Greentoe the other day, stating that they are taking offers on in-stock X950G's. I'm curious what kind of offers might be accepted...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm all but set on a 65" X900F but now I'm worried that the prices are going up! The 75" would be great, but I've all but absolutely decided to save a chunk now, and then upgrade to a 75+" with the new HDMI features, and hopefully better PQ, in two or three years. Hopefully the 65" X900F will be a nice enough upgrade from my 51" Plasma 720p. :) I'm just worried now that the prices are going UP! According to the Greentoe "offer tool" (which surely is bs anyway), the odds aren't looking good for me. 65" was going for $1300 a few month back but now the little tool is giving me low odds on an offer being accepted there. I haven't actually made an offer yet because now they require my CC, and I'm dragging my feet for various reasons lol.

I actually pulled the trigger on a "New" 75" X900E from eBay for $1300... well you can guess how that ended up working out. :p NBD though, I did my research and was protected.. just caused me a little annoyance, which I knew I was risking.

Eh, honestly I'll probably end up with whatever is the best deal between 75" and 65" X900F, at this point. I'm just wondering how late is "too late" to wait.

EDIT: I got an email from Greentoe the other day, stating that they are taking offers on in-stock X950G's. I'm curious what kind of offers might be accepted...
What are the better HDMI features? How does that better the picture? THanks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Google HDMI 2.1
It isn't really very relevant now but if you're trying to future-proof, it's worth considering. I like to game and the next Sony gaming system (probably PlayStation 5) will likely utilize HDMI 2.1 features. Since I'll probably buy a PS5 in about two years, I'd like to have a TV that plays best with it, when the time comes. Most people won't care or notice, though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Google HDMI 2.1
It isn't really very relevant now but if you're trying to future-proof, it's worth considering. I like to game and the next Sony gaming system (probably PlayStation 5) will likely utilize HDMI 2.1 features. Since I'll probably buy a PS5 in about two years, I'd like to have a TV that plays best with it, when the time comes. Most people won't care or notice, though.
Ok, got it.
Also, I'm in the same boat as you.. hoping not to wait too long for a sale, only to find out the price never dropped and inventory is dried up!
I might pull the trigger by next weekend...

141 - 160 of 164 Posts