AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have read these forums for years, and you guys have been great help so I am hoping you can help now.  Here is my issue:

I am the pastor of a small town church.  The sanctuary is small with a dropped ceiling, and the previous pastor did a poor job of planning the projector and screen setup we currently have.  After much research and discussion, the church has decided to replace the old projector and screen (which took up half the sanctuary and could not be seen my most) with four 60" hdtv's.  3 will be placed in the front of the sanctuary for the audience to see and 1 will be placed on the back wall for the worship team.

Our sanctuary is between 50-70' from front to back.  The whole setup will be run by an imac with an hdmi adapter for the visual port.  The system will be used mainly for songs lyrics and such, but it will be used occasionally to show pictures or short sermon illustration video or possibly a movie for the youth.  I do not have to end up with full 1080p signal although it would be nice.  720p or even 480p would be a huge upgrade to what we have now with a 40' vga run to an old projector with very low lumens.  Were not even getting good standard defintion there.  We have made most of our decisions and planning.  We have picked out our tvs/monitors, mounts, etc, but I keep questioning the best way to get the signal fromthe computer at the back to the monitors up front, around 60 ft away.  I have purchased a 75' hdmi cable with internal booster to run the length and tested it out on my computer at home.  It works great, even coming out of the splitter that will be needed at the back to split the signal between front monitors and back monitors.  It did flicker a little when playing video from my old laptop, but it is on its last leg.  My chromebook ran it fine with no flickering, but the flickering from my old beast has me worried, especially since I have to split that signal in 3 once I get up front.  The way I see it there are four options of set up, and I am not sure which would be best.  That's where you guys come in!

The setup would be:

1) imac Computer

2) hdmi splitter - one side to tv right about, the other side to front

3) RUN TO FRONT - one of three

a) 75' hdmi cable with internal booster -> 4 way splitter -> tvs

b) 75' hdmi cable with internal booster - > Tripp Lite signal booster -> 4 way splitter -> tvs

c) hdmi over cat balun sender -> cat 5 -> hdmi over cat receiver balun -> 4 way splitter -> tvs

d) hdmi over coax sender -> coax - > hdmi over coax receiver -> 4 way splitter -> tvs

For me the problem with the 75' hdmi cable I have already addressed is the what if problem.  In my last church we used vga over cat 5 and the system went dead after 3 months so I am cautious of going over cat 5.  Over coax I am not sure because I have no experience with it.  I found a system on Amazon for $300, but I don't want to spend that and it not work well.  So, what are your thoughts and suggestions?

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
I would also suggest a ZeeVee solution. One modulator and then simple coax and splitters to get all the TVs...

The ZvPro 610 would do that job well. The only issue would be if you wanted to show a movie from a device other than the computer. You'd need an older BD / DVD player with component video outputs.

http://zeevee.com/products/zvpro

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts