AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for you guys playing ps3 on the 750 can you do me a favor? do you have resistance 2 or socom confrontation? if so on R2 move the aim from left to right slowly (with amp off) and see if the background stutters i.e. the houses, signs, poles ect. then turm amp on medium or high and see if you crosshairs start going crazy when moving the aim left to right or around in a complete circle. The same will happen with socom but its worse on R2. My tv does these things and I think something is wrong with my video processing or what ever controls AMP. Im on my third 750 and I always played these games with AMP on and never noticed this before so I dont know if i just didnt notice it or something wrong with my new set. If someone can help i would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
wish I could help you Ill see if I can get my buddies resistance 2 over the weekend to try it out. I have COD5 if you do too I can check someone out for you on that game.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCarpenter84 /forum/post/15481450

wish I could help you Ill see if I can get my buddies resistance 2 over the weekend to try it out. I have COD5 if you do too I can check someone out for you on that game.

Thats a lot, I really appreciate you doing that for me if you can. I will be getting COD5 this week so ill see how that goes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCarpenter84 /forum/post/15481450

were you able to try it?

·
Registered
300 Posts
we got snowed in couldn't make it out there today. Might just go buy it since COD5 is getting ruined by all the glitches out there. Need a change of a game anyways. Will go to BB tom or later tonite if they start to plow the roads.

·
Registered
300 Posts
OK I picked up R2. Sweet game should of got it instead of COD5. I tried what you told me to do.

AMP OFF- My Set does stutter a little nothing I'm to worried about. (If I'm playing online I don't notice it since its a face moving online game).

AMP Med/High - The Cross hairs do judder or whatever you want to call it but not all crazy about it like you are talking about. I don't play with AMP on ever so that wouldn't effect me really.

From the sounds of it something might be a little wrong with your set. Compared to my test or maybe there both the same and it just bothers you a little more than me. I wish I could record it for you to show you or if you could to show me what yours is doing. Not sure if you can spectate in R2 like COD5.

If anyone else has R2 or Socom and a 750 could they give the same test. I would like someone else to test to see if another one is is doing the same thing.

52" 750 build Oct. I might be swapping mine out if the next week or so since I have to the 31st. Looks like I have some clouding going on.

add me if you want B_Destroyer_8418 let me no its you on the invite.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I have R1 and R2, and an A650 (essentially the same TV). I haven't tried R2 with AMP on, but on R1, the cross-hairs would show motion artifacts with AMP on. The higher I set it, the more it would be noticeable. On LOW, it wasn't so bad. This is probably normal.

I played through Resistance 2 with AMP off, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I'll try it out if I have time one day.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel /forum/post/15522538

I have R1 and R2, and an A650 (essentially the same TV). I haven't tried R2 with AMP on, but on R1, the cross-hairs would show motion artifacts with AMP on. The higher I set it, the more it would be noticeable. On LOW, it wasn't so bad. This is probably normal.

I played through Resistance 2 with AMP off, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I'll try it out if I have time one day.

Thanks guys for all the help, Rahzel if I can get a second input that would be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts