AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Buying my HD TV was a great investment but buying these speakers was THE BEST THING I COULD HAVE DONE!! I got this killer 50% discount cuz we recently purchased a lot of their Pro speakers at work. I had a decent speaker system before:

Infinity "RS 425" main speakers

Klipsch "KSW100" 8" powered subwoofer

Energy "EFX" dipole surrounds

Energy RVS Center

To sum it up the 750LCR mains sound completely clean for stereo SACD and normal CD playback. They also represent movie scores to perfection..it is like the music is just floating in front of you. The Center 750 is the best dialog reproductive speaker I have heard yet. The 550 surrounds are direct radiating and provide detailed rear channel playback...MUCH more noticeable and distinguishable then my Energy's. And for the SUB, I replaced the standard 1250THX for the MX-700 "push Pull" - M&K patented 200 watt sub and all I can say is "damn...did I just lay a huge fart or was that the sub rattling my couch!":eek:. The bass is so tight and defined and hits the millisecond you see an explosion...to sum it up ORGASMIC BASS ACCURACY.

If you got about $3500 and want an $8000 speaker system look no further....forget Polk, Bose, Energy, Paradigm, and Definitive (most of which I auditioned) or paying THOUSANDS for Monitor, Legacy, etc (although I guess if you could afford those that would be different.. :)). Drop your months worth of salary for these now!!! (and watch the opening scene in Gladiator with and extra pair of underwear nearby.. :D

I have no room for my old speakers (except the Infinity's) if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
When I helped my Aunt set up her home theater, this is the same system I chose for her. The sound quality is really excellent.

I personally have two M&K systems. The S-150THX system with MX5000 sub and an S-85 system for a secondary theater. I like both a little better than the 750 system but I think that is because I underbought her sub. We settled on the matched 1250 sub which I think is a little underpowered.

In conclusion, if you are considering the 750 system, do as koberlin1 did and upgrade the sub - it will make a world of difference. My personal view is "buy the most sub you can afford"!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I initially wanted the 150's but just could not get myself to drp the cash. I saw these 750's and liked the fact that they were THX certified as well and said what the heck. The truth is my fiance barely let me drop this much cash so the 150's were just a wet dream!

·
Registered
52 Posts
koberlin1 & Video,

What size room are you using these in? I am thinking about installing the M&K 750 MK II in a 22 x 15 odd-shaped room with a high vaulted ceiling. Being THX Select, will they handle the room size (including your recommended sub upgrade)?

I'm also considering the S-150 line, but since I'm doing multi-room wiring and controls, new AV Receiver, new HD tuner, sat dish plus these speakers, the bill is getting quiet nasty :(.

Also, did you use the M&K stands and mounting hardware, and what type of speaker wire?

Cheers,

Charlie

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I to have an odd shaped family room. It is only about 10 by 20 with 12 foot high non-vaulted cielings. The sub is too much for the room which is fine ;) But the small 750 profile (they are very small for the sound they reproduce)is perfect. The 150's would have been overkill and would not have fit into my home theater setup (unfortunately) I just ordered the M&K metal stand setup for my mains. Each stand has either a 23 and 52 lb base, a 17" 25" 48" or 72" stem, and a tilt swivel. They look really sleek and attach to the back of the speakers. Their tilt can also easily be adjusted with the tilt swivel. I use 12 guage Monster cable for the LCR, Monster sub cable , and 16 guage for the surrounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.