AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've recently decided to take the plunge and build an HTPC. I was inspired when I saw the 7500 AIW cards on sale last week. I did a quick look around and saw that with some work (ha!) I could get the 7500 tv-out working under linux (plus it comes with this cool remote control/mouse unit!)

So I ran out and bought the card, threw it in my machine, and began installing Gentoo. I have used Gentoo before, and feel that for a special purpose machine like this, Gentoo is the right choice for me. All the manual configuration is challenging, but I consider it just extra Linux practice to keep my admin skills sharp :)

Anyway, the point is, I am having trouble getting TV-out to work. I downloaded the ati.2 cvs from gatos, used ebuild to unpack the xfree sources for me, but I get an error message about missing version.def.

I saw mention that some people here in the forum are using 7500 cards, and I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

SetiMike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is ANYONE actually using the Radeon 7500 AIW's TV-Out feature under any distribution of Linux?

--SetiMike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes - I'm currently using the 7500 AIW with MythTV and the Gatos ATI.2 drivers. To get TV-Out working you need to do a little patching. It's fairly straight forward.

Matter of fact - if you scan the ati.2 archive you should be able to find the patch between the devel and stable releases. Apply this patch to the stable code release, recompile the ati.2 drivers and you should be home free.

D-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.