AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 758 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not in the market but like to follow the price trends so figured I'd create this thread.

I understand that the 2017 Sony and LG 77" OLEDs are both streeting for $10k right now. It'll be interesting to see the MSRP of the 77C8 (LG's entry level 77"), and of course the street price.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’m looking to upgrade from an 80” Vizio LED to a 77” OLED as soon as the price drops to ~$5,000. I’ve been watching various threads here looking for insight into the price trends. There are some who feel the price may get there around Black Friday this year. That would work for me, as I’ll be patient about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be remarkable. Probably a stretch if I had to guess, but until we see the MSRP of the 77C8 it's tough to say.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I’m looking to upgrade from an 80” Vizio LED to a 77” OLED as soon as the price drops to ~$5,000. I’ve been watching various threads here looking for insight into the price trends. There are some who feel the price may get there around Black Friday this year. That would work for me, as I’ll be patient about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree - they weren't going to get to $10K last year.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I’m hoping it’s possible that the 77C8 will drop to $5000 by Black Friday since the C series is much lower priced than the G.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm very optimistic that they'll get down to 5k by the end of next year when ATSC 3.0 becomes standard on the 2019 models. I'm pinching my pennies till then..😉

·
Registered
17 Posts
77" C8 in the UK is £8000 upon release ($11,212)

The G7 is available now for £7200, was originally £20,000!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
BeachCamera is showing (10) units of the 77C8 in stock.
It says in stock, then underneath it says presell. Confusing :confused:

In Stock
Usually ships the same or the next business day

Presell: Will Ship Upon Receipt From LG

·
Registered
291 Posts
What happened to this thread???????

·
Premium Member
Two eyes, two ears, one brain, and a bunch of electronics.
361 Posts
Presumably the outgoing 77" models are in dwindling supply and the incoming 77" models are still pending. Not much activity to report on either front.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
FYI, many of the BestBuy stores here on the west coast / LA area now have the 77" C8 in stock for immediate pickup. Obviously at full msrp.

·
Registered
234 Posts
FYI, many of the BestBuy stores here on the west coast / LA area now have the 77" C8 in stock for immediate pickup. Obviously at full msrp.
The MDC in my area now has one on display; it was gorgeous and priced at $8999.99. It was a grand more just last week. I hope that's a good sign of steady future price drops.

1 - 20 of 758 Posts