·
Registered
101 Posts
Amazon has the Sony 77A9G for $4998!
Not sure how long that price will last.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw that too, but I couldn't see any clarity around how they would treat the warranty. If you got a bad panel or something like that, is it a fully warranty where you'd just have to go directly to LG to work out the issues?

Same question on returns, I guess. There wasn't a lot of fine print that I could find that differentiated it other than it just being an open box item.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm am just so close to pulling the trigger on the Sony 77A9G.... $5K at both Amazon and Best buy is quite amazing. I sent an email to Chris at Cleveland Plasma to see what he can do for me since I already bought 2 sony's from him...
Gerry

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm am just so close to pulling the trigger on the Sony 77A9G.... $5K at both Amazon and Best buy is quite amazing. I sent an email to Chris at Cleveland Plasma to see what he can do for me since I already bought 2 sony's from him...
Gerry
I think I am going too and finally upgrade from my 60 Pio Kuro. Still seems like a lot, but not much more than I paid for my Kuro. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can someone please help me weigh in on what is the better deal

First option:

eBay First-Class-TVs 77 inch C9 OLED $3650 with 3 year eBay square trade option ($259.99) plus my state taxes for a total of $4173.

Also $100 eBay Bucks back. (10% eBay Bucks capped at $100)

I know that FirstClass TVs are not an authorized dealer but I heard that LG will honor manufacturing warranty. Also I will be paying with an Amex credit card that offers two year extended warranty so I don’️t know if I need square trade.

Second option:

Greentoe offer for $3900 plus tax for a total of $4177

Through an authorized dealer

Add 3 year square trade warranty through Costco for $99. Comes to a total of $4276.

Will be paying with Amex so two year manufacturer extended warranty should also apply. Not sure if I need square trade.

What would you choose?

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
216 Posts

First option:

eBay First-Class-TVs 77 inch C9 OLED $3650 with 3 year eBay square trade option ($259.99) plus my state taxes for a total of $4173.

I know that FirstClass TVs are not an authorized dealer but I heard that LG will honor manufacturing warranty. Also I will be paying with an Amex credit card that offers two year extended warranty so I don’️t know if I need square trade.

Second option:

Add 3 year square trade warranty through Costco for $99. Comes to a total of $4276.

Will be paying with Amex so two year manufacturer extended warranty should also apply. Not sure if I need square trade.

What would you choose?

Thanks for the advice
I would ditch both of those options and talk to Chris at Cleveland Plasma, I did.

·
Registered
110 Posts

First option:

Second option:

What would you choose?

Thanks for the advice
I would ditch both of those options and talk to Chris at Cleveland Plasma, I did.
Thanks I’ll consider it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ah ok they must have changed the policy recently. What option would you choose from the two I stated?

You may want to deny that offer from greentoe. I got offered 3899 that I plan on accepting and that includes shipping and tax. I live in California, so our tax is a bit high too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ah ok they must have changed the policy recently. What option would you choose from the two I stated?

You may want to deny that offer from greentoe. I got offered 3899 that I plan on accepting and that includes shipping and tax. I live in California, so our tax is a bit high too.
Thanks for the heads up! I already rejected the counter offer. What was your initial offer if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I already rejected the counter offer. What was your initial offer if you don’t mind me asking?
3500, they countered with 4200, and I immediately denied it. I slowly raised up to 3770 and then this morning they offered me the 3899 price.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I already rejected the counter offer. What was your initial offer if you don’️t mind me asking?
3500, they countered with 4200, and I immediately denied it. I slowly raised up to 3770 and then this morning they offered me the 3899 price.
That’s interesting, I am doing the same thing. The first time after they made me an initial offer of $3900 plus tax and I declined. It just expired and there were no more offers. Second time, again same thing I was made another $3900 plus tax and I denied it and they didn’t make another offer. I guess third time is a charm 😉

481 - 500 of 764 Posts