AVS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
They have not budged on my offer, and in fact I took my offer back down to my original price after trying to meet in the middle after their first counter. I don't like Greentoe pretending they are advocating for the consumer when they are very clearly using well known sales tactics. "Expires at midnight", "Given the market", etc. Can't believe people fall for this stuff.

Greentoe "Customer Care" reached out today asking why I hadn't accepted the "good counter offer" (which was supposed to expire at midnight two days ago, lol). I responded that when I know they can be had cheaper, how is it a good counter? Reiterated I was a serious buyer, but will start taking money off my offer every day. If they can sell all they have in stock at their counter price, more power to them. I can wait this out, given this is an outgoing model.

Two can play this game. :D

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
They have not budged on my offer, and in fact I took my offer back down to my original price after trying to meet in the middle after their first counter. I don't like Greentoe pretending they are advocating for the consumer when they are very clearly using well known sales tactics. "Expires at midnight", "Given the market", etc. Can't believe people fall for this stuff.

Greentoe "Customer Care" reached out today asking why I hadn't accepted the "good counter offer" (which was supposed to expire at midnight two days ago, lol). I responded that when I know they can be had cheaper, how is it a good counter? Reiterated I was a serious buyer, but will start taking money off my offer every day. If they can sell all they have in stock at their counter price, more power to them. I can wait this out, given this is an outgoing model.

Two can play this game. :D
This is exactly where I'm at right now. I want to buy a 65C9 and a 77C9. I'm going to get a deal or I'll wait.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What price are you trying to get to on the 77?

My best case number is $3k. Not sure if it’ll ever get there (maybe Black Friday?) but wife has told me if I can stay under $3k for a new TV, she’s on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Took a few days to think it over but just pulled the trigger on the $3,699 offer from Greentoe for the 77"!
Smart decision.
According to best experts the CX offers no PQ advantage over the 2019 C9 product.
You have a display that will please for you years to come.
Please tell me you're going to have it calibrated by a confirmed expert.
Worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Wasn't planning on a 77" til next year but my 10+yo Panny plasma died yesterday.

Been monitoring prices for the 77" C9 and through Greentoe, now at a nice price (I also recently saw lowish $4,000 price through e-bay authorized dealer).

Currently have Panny 58" 11 years old. Keep wondering how much longer this great (in it's day) set will hold out so I (translated, wife's authorization) can justify a new set.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
YMMV, I got a 77"C9 last night via Greentoe for $3599.
Don't know from where but they be contacting me.
Redundant but Greentoe only sells from LG authorized dealers.
I love the no tax, no shipping charges as the sites that don't charge sales tax is almost gone.
I live in WA State, a 10% penalty, not insignificant.

Wasn't planning on a 77" til next year but my 10+yo Panny plasma died yesterday.
Bought a 65C8 last spring and am addicted to the post-calibration PQ.
Called Kris yesterday and he will be by likely in June for the job.
NFL in 4k,here we come baby!
Had the same offer accepted today. Really excited to step up to an OLED display!

Upgrading from a 65" Sony X930E LCD.

How long did it take for your set to arrive?

Just ordered a new GPU for my gaming PC so I can take advantage of G-sync :)

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
According to best experts the CX offers no PQ advantage over the 2019 C9 product.

That is just simply not true.

But this is a deals thread.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Delivery set for tomorrow Tuesday May 19th.
Shipped on 5/7 from New Jersey.
I'm stoked
Nice! Look forward to hearing your feedback on the delivery/setup.

Expecting my set to ship either today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Nice! Look forward to hearing your feedback on the delivery/setup.

Expecting my set to ship either today or tomorrow.
Delivery was great. Scheduled for 7:30 - 10:30 AM, they called at 7:15am & said 10 minutes out.
Arrived at 7:26. Box was perfect.
I am wowed by the size. Unwise to try and de-box by myself, friend is coming over Sat to BBQ, drink and hang this beast in opposite order ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
77" OLEDs, all Mfrs, all years

Delivery was great. Scheduled for 7:30 - 10:30 AM, they called at 7:15am & said 10 minutes out.
I am wowed by the size. Unwise to try and de-box by myself, friend is coming over Sat to BBQ, drink and hang this beast in opposite order ;)

My upgrade was 75 inches. The box my LG came was neat. Just had to pull the top of the box off a short 5 inch bottom by taking a few staples.

Like you I waited until one of my friends could help me put the tele where the 65 in her was.

But.....I did mot want to wait to see how the picture looked on the tele. Sooooooo what did I do. Simply dragged the box out to the sitting room. Unboxed the puppy. Put the feet on the bottom. Set it upright on the floor. There I was looking at the neat picture the tele has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
What was your original estimated delivery date?
And how far in advance did they call to setup actual delivery date and window?

My estimated date is Thursday the 28th but wondering if I can expect it earlier in the week.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

My estimated date is Thursday the 28th but wondering if I can expect it earlier in the week.
Mine has the same estimated date too. It's coming from NJ to Baltimore so hoping it will come a bit early though probably too optimistic to expect it before next week.

I'm anticipating a delivery around next Tuesday. Counting down the days anxiously :)

·
Registered
6,013 Posts

Be patient Grasshopper.
I live on the West coast & the TV shipped from the East coast.
Original shipping estimate was to deliver Friday the 22nd, it was delivered on the 18th.
YMMV.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I didn't find this deals thread until today.

However about 3-4 days back I discovered GreenToe. I put a low ball offer out there on a LG C9 OLED and got countered with a $3,599 offer. I toyed with them afterwards trying to get a little better, but got no bites. I slept on it and decided to roll the dice. Using my Amex to double the factory warranty (for free) from 1 years to 2 years, and also as a layer of protection since I'm a littler nervous.

Like others, the free shipping and NO tax is a big deal.

FYI, they processed my card this AM and I'm awaiting a shipping number.

So far, so good. Fingers crossed. :cool:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Be patient Grasshopper.
I live on the West coast & the TV shipped from the East coast.
Original shipping estimate was to deliver Friday the 22nd, it was delivered on the 18th.
YMMV.
I just got confirmation that my set will be delivered tomorrow! I'm thrilled to have the long weekend to play with my new toy :)

Did they bring the set inside your house for you? The text I got said due to COVID, they would just bring it to the threshold.

Fortunately, my father-in-law is visiting and can probably help me bring it inside and down to our basement.

Reactions: Milt99
701 - 720 of 758 Posts