AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I sent an inquiry to KEF about the maximum thickness of speaker cable I could use with the KHT3005 satellites. The response I got from the UK was "a well insulated 79 strand cable will work nicely with these."

I searched and searched, but can someone please tell me what this means in terms of AWG? Or does it mean what it says and it's just a strand count?

I am ordering online and would like to get bluejeanscable 12awg in wall, but want to make sure it's not going to be too big for the KEF's.

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungin /forum/post/0

So, I sent an inquiry to KEF about the maximum thickness of speaker cable I could use with the KHT3005 satellites. The response I got from the UK was "a well insulated 79 strand cable will work nicely with these."

I searched and searched, but can someone please tell me what this means in terms of AWG? Or does it mean what it says and it's just a strand count?

I am ordering online and would like to get bluejeanscable 12awg in wall, but want to make sure it's not going to be too big for the KEF's.

Thanks,

Brad

From the description of a 79 strand cable, it is about 1.9mm thick, which will roughly translate to a 13 gauge wire. You will be fine with either 14 or 12 gauge.

How long the max run for an individual speakers are?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.