AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the Sony HC-1 since it was released and thought it was the king of consumer level video. Then, when these DSLRs came out with video, I thought the inconvenience of the body alone would make it almost useless for handheld.

But I'm seeing more and more stuff come out and it looks impressive. I decided to give it a try and now I love it...the DOF and low light performance overshadow any quirks it has vs traditional cams like my HC-1.

Check out this video I made...took 45min to edit. Though Vegas 9 gave me nightmares with the footage from 7D. Upgraded to 10 and all was fine.

Took the dog to a dog park with some friends.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Horrible jello, especially the first three seconds. The HC1 has a CMOS sensor too, but it is almost jello-free, despite being 5 years old. You get what you pay for. These DSLRs must be used with some sort of a rig, or with a super-steady hand and a stabilized lens.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
If shots of dogs out of focus is considered good video, this is really impressive. Since you have eliminated the sound and replaced it with music, we cannot evaluate the audio properties either. I am glad you like the camera, however.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

I've used the Sony HC-1 since it was released and thought it was the king of consumer level video. Then, when these DSLRs came out with video, I thought the inconvenience of the body alone would make it almost useless for handheld.

But I'm seeing more and more stuff come out and it looks impressive. I decided to give it a try and now I love it...the DOF and low light performance overshadow any quirks it has vs traditional cams like my HC-1.

Check out this video I made...took 45min to edit. Though Vegas 9 gave me nightmares with the footage from 7D. Upgraded to 10 and all was fine.

Took the dog to a dog park with some friends.

Used properly DSLRs can do vg video but a tripod or good brace is a must as is setting up the camera for the best colour, i had a HC1 it was my first hd cam and i have had 3 more including avchd cams a HV30 which i still is a class above the HC1 and i still have but rarely use now as i prefer the manual filming which you have to do with DSLRs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts